Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
im lookin for info on the tri five salvage yard off 75 hiway in the Oklahoma/kansas border area. any info would be greatly appreciated. i passed it a few years ago on my way back up from texas and im pretty sure i was on 75 not 35. thanks in advance for your help

- Scottie

7,080 Posts
Hi Scottie. Had it bookmarked but lost it. Has to be the one just north of Denton on I35 on the west side of Interstate. Right next to it is a 1/8th mile dragstrip. They have tons of old cars. Very very proud of them, but tons of hard to find parts. They do have a website, but I lost it. Their prices a little steep for me and they do not discount at all. Sure someone from that area will chime in soon. Regards, Lloyd

·
Registered
476 Posts
Hi Scottie. Had it bookmarked but lost it. Has to be the one just north of Denton on I35 on the west side of Interstate. Right next to it is a 1/8th mile dragstrip. They have tons of old cars. Very very proud of them, but tons of hard to find parts. They do have a website, but I lost it. Their prices a little steep for me and they do not discount at all. Sure someone from that area will chime in soon. Regards, Lloyd
no one chimed in!!

·
Registered
189 Posts
Are you looking for something specific

Hi Scottie,

i was wondering if you were looking for something specific? i have been collecting junk tri-fives for years. i took a lot of parts off several cars i had to get rid of after the city took me to court and i lost.

Thanks, wc

7,080 Posts
Yes that is the one, very pricey but they have most everything. Lloyd

·
Registered
1,605 Posts
Id' be curious what part the OP was looking for in a junkyard you can't buy repop or on ebay? All that stuff at CTC is well organized since it never moves given what he wants for parts. :)

Charlie

·
Registered
38,602 Posts
Years ago I used to go to a salvage yard between Baxter Springs and Pittsburg, Kansas, just north of the Oklahoma border, and close to Missouri and Arkansas too. I have no idea if it's still there. Could that be the one you're thinking of?

There are two pretty good sources in Texas that have good stuff and better prices than CTC. One is Classic Chevy Connection in Longview. The owner brings a large trailer to many swap meets and other events in TX and OK. You can google for location and phone #. The other is Little Valley Auto Ranch in Belton, TX, aka Texas Exports. The owner puts on a couple of swap meets a year in Belton.

The most amazing salvage yard I ever saw for 55-57 Chevys and similar stuff was right in the heart of Houston on Long Point in the Spring Branch area, probably only 6-7 miles from downtown. This was in the late 90s. The guy had 10-15 acres, built a new building on it, and had probably 150-200 cars. It was a new business when I first went there. I'm guessing 1/3 were 55-57s, the rest were mostly Chevys and other GM cars from 55-67. The guy was only there a year or so. I was simply amazed that it was that deep in the city - and it turned out it wasn't for very long. I don't know if the guy lost a fortune on it, or turned the real estate for a handsome profit.

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Miss those old junk yards they are vanishing more & more each year. My wife & I searched & collected parts years ago for earlier Trifives we had owned in junk yards.

KINGS X 56

·
Registered
208 Posts
junk yard

I have also been there , the first time i was there i almost had heart failure there was so much cool stuff there as i am from ct and have never seen anything like this before. The guy who owns it is way cool .

Big John:flag6:

·
Registered
666 Posts
Id' be curious what part the OP was looking for in a junkyard you can't buy repop or on ebay? All that stuff at CTC is well organized since it never moves given what he wants for parts. :)

Charlie
CTC is run by two brothers. Twice I have agreed on a price for some parts with one of the brothers only to return to have the other brother refuse to sell them to me. I try to find what I need on eBay. Selection is better without the games...

Don

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
CTC is run by two brothers. Twice I have agreed on a price for some parts with one of the brothers only to return to have the other brother refuse to sell them to me. I try to find what I need on eBay. Selection is better without the games...

Don
Sad when that happens. You have your heart set on an item you have probly been searching for a while for and you have to leave it behind.

·
Premium Member
2,521 Posts
Where they seldom have snow.

The most amazing salvage yard I ever saw for 55-57 Chevys and similar stuff was
in Seguin, TX. Nothing newer than 1974. Don't recall the name. I last visited in the early nineties.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.