1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

so I'd like to introduce our German Forum for Classic Chevy's here:
www.Tri-Chevy-Forum.de

It's mostly in German, but we have a "English Spoken" Parts.

We plan a big 50 Year Meeting in 2007 with (we hope) around 100 Chevy's between 1955 and 1957.

Greetz from Germany

Tom

www.BelAir-57.de

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,566 Posts
Cool, but such a long drive to get there. I was hoping to just make it to Washington next fall to the XXX show.:D

·
Registered
720 Posts
Hi Tom,
i am located in Spain and if i don't make it in my car i would surely be interested in flying up and checking out the show next year. Could you give us some details of the event?
thanks

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Yes of Course...

As soon, as we have all Information on this Meeting, I'll post them here, too.

It's planned, to be around the Frankfort Area. And we expect to get up to 100 Tri-Fives there....

And of Course, it's a little far from the Continental US...
But maybe... if you cut off thru Alaska... :D

Have a nice Weekend

Tom

·
Registered
720 Posts
Will look forward to more info on this event. I think it would be really cool to check out the American car scene in Germany just as i'm finding out about the following in Spain now!! By the looks from your website you have some cool roadside diners up there, some cool places to hang out.:cool:

·
Registered
321 Posts
I fly in and out of a few places in Germany with my airline. We fly into Cologne, Leipzig, Frankfurt, and Ramstein AFB (By Landstul, sp?) so if I get a long overnight in Leipzig I'd love to hop on the train and see Berlin. You up to being a tour guide?

Cheers

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Hope whenever it happens that we can get some photos of the event! Some of us can't go to Germany, so if you go please remember us back here in the States! Thanks! :)

·
RIP: 06-04-2012
1,082 Posts
Tom,

You surely know my friend Stefan Tiedt. If you ever needed parts for your 57 then you must know "The Fin Doctor". Stefan had a 57 Bel Air and a 55 210 wagon, that I sold him, when he lived in Berlin. This year he moved to Hamburg and has since sold the wagon. The Tri-Five meeting sounds like a must attend event. Please do let us know the dates.

Wedwagon

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
....and to think, we have no Tri club anymore in England! We ended up as part of Chassic Chevy Club, not a good more in my book!

London to Frankfurt at 15mpg? EEkkk!

We were to emigrate to Spain two years ago and take the CHevy with me, but we're still here! Dan, where in Spain are you based?

·
Registered
720 Posts
....and to think, we have no Tri club anymore in England! We ended up as part of Chassic Chevy Club, not a good more in my book!

London to Frankfurt at 15mpg? EEkkk!

We were to emigrate to Spain two years ago and take the CHevy with me, but we're still here! Dan, where in Spain are you based?
Hey Belairmark, I'm located in 'Extremadura', pretty central to everything or pretty far away from everything ( i guess it depends how you look at it ).
I spent 4 years in London, loved it but the cold winters and all the partying got a bit much so me and the missus decided to give it a go over here, plus she is Spanish so it made the transition easy.
Not much of a car scene in my area, it seems mainly the American, rod, custom thing is happening mostly up north in Barcelona, about 8hrs drive from me (and about 15mpg aswell ).:eek:

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hi Dan

We were meant to be in Denia, near Alicante, but the deal fell through. London's party scene is only dangerous if you partake! I live 12 miles south of the centre near Reigate and we go up to town about one every two months! Great days out!!

We only saw a group of oldies on the 342 near Torrevieca, '55 Corvette, '50s Volvo(!!), '71 Jaguar XJS, '61 Mini, '70s Dodge (old Spanish taxi!) and others I forget.

We were using the size of the garage as the calibration for house searches!!!!!:)

Mark

·
Registered
720 Posts
I remember about 5 years ago an English mate taking me to Ace cafe in London for an All American night (don't know if you know the place Mark?) I remember their being a bad ass blue '55 there that laid some wicked rubber when it left. Very cool place that i never would have expected in London!
Never got to any U.K dragstrips though.

·
Registered
1,465 Posts
Hi Dan

I am the Surrey rep for the American Vehicle Owners Club over here, but there are no decent tri clubs here! GUildford had a monthly cruise, so has Chelsea, and the Ace is always rocking with Harleys, Yanks, rods, and assorted petrolhead clubs all year! Look up the site on www.amvo.org or try www.rebel-v8.com for attitude!;) Check out the reports on both! Nowhere near what you lucky guys have!!

Mark

·
Registered
19 Posts
Hi mark, i used to be a member of tri chevy uk back in the 80s. Its a shame its gone .Would be nice to get tri chevys together for one show in the summer , and maybe tri chevy would kick off again!. Talking of spain, i used to have a place in moraira just south of denia.Wouldnt fancy driving an american car on some of their roads . Not my chevy anyway ! steve.:cool:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts