Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
RIP 11/24/2021
68,223 Posts
missed it today. i think they will have a repeat tomorrow and i'll be watching it. :party0031:

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Mike
havnt seen this showfor many moons, as Ive got tired of seeing the usual u know what :eek:
Yep me too...really cool to see a 55 on there and a little history. Blown big block how cool is that. should be on again sunday usually is i have the dvr set for it. Muscle car, mecum auctions, are some of my favs. There will be more episodes as the build goes on.

Yeah the frame cracking thing, something didnt look right in that area. Not just the cracks, like maybe some prior damage. The tranny cross member was just laying on the brackets. Like they didnt finish the install.

High dollar build i can only dream of.:rolleyes:

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
Missed the show today will check it out Sunday if it's too wet to mow grass... Later, Dave

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
The frame had definitely been damaged and the trans crossmember was scary!

The replacement frame looked a LOT like a Morrison. All the suspension components were connected via solid heim joints, like a race car.

Nice car, can't wait to see more of this build.

·
Registered
19,497 Posts
Finally got to see the program today... Nice build... As I watched I learned a new appreation for my underpowered Tri-Power 327 and it's stock frame... I can get as many speeding tickets with it as the 600 HP cars can... I must be getting old/older:sleep: Later, Dave

·
Registered
3,531 Posts
It's not a Morrison. I was built by little a hot rod. I think it was Street Rod Garage in Grant, Alabama
Yeah, I know it wasn't a Morrison, I was just stressing how much
it looked like a Morrison.

Nick P. put a Morrison center section and triangulated rear in my
stock seamless chassis and it is super solid. I bet it would stand up
to some pretty extreme horsepower.

The stock chassis they were working with looked like it had
seagull poop welds where it had been fixed many moons ago...

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.