Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just purchased a tri power set up for a 327 chevy. Problem is that the linkage for the front and rear carbs is on the pass. side of the carb and interferes with the wiring for the electric choke on the middle carb. I have to keep the wiring disconnected or it binds up the linkage to the 2 carbs. The carbs have GM marked on them and look like a pontiac set up but linkage is on other side. Any suggestions

·
Premium Member
1956 chevy 210 del rey sedan
14,496 Posts
bend the linkage to clear the choke assy or make new linkage . pics would be helpfull . :bowtier::anim_25:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
I have a vintage Offenhauser Tri-power on my 327 too... It has a manual choke on it... After seeing a segment a couple of years ago on "Gears" or is it "Gearz" They showed a kit from www.speedwaymotors.com that converts three Rochester junk yard carbs into true tri-power carbs... I also bought their progressive linkage kit too... It works for me:D Later, Dave

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
My 90 something year old uncle gave me a Offy SBC intake with 57 Olds J2 carbs. I have ran it for year without a ckoke on my 56 360.

·
Registered
1955 210 SERIES, 406 DUAL QUAD ENGINE WITH MUNCIE 4 SPEED
4,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
tri power

Went to local speed shop and owner gave me an offset lever for the middle carb. This provides clearance for the choke wires. Problem solved without bending linkage. Vehicle runs fine without electric choke but was hard to keep running when engine was cold.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts