Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
It would be nice if they make an iPhone app for triFive to b able to upload your photos and so fourth I'm just saying what do u all think?

·
Premium Member
3,663 Posts
Whats an I Phone??????:confused0006:
And whats an app? Another one of them new fangled gadgets?

·
Registered
12,082 Posts
Whats an I Phone??????:confused0006:
And whats an app? Another one of them new fangled gadgets?
:D:D Good point. Not everyone is into this stuff

This is an iPhone http://www.apple.com/iphone/
Using this phone connected to Internet you can use applications (programs) so called "apps", that would make it easy chat/upload photos etc. :)
Tony,
I think that would be a cool idea.... So who knows a good programmer? :anim_44:

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I can barely make a call on a cell phone, no way I'm gonna try to see and use a web page on that little screen...

·
Registered
496 Posts
iPhone is kinda like a mini computer inside your cell phone.
Its big competitor is an operating system from google called Android. Many phone manufacturers make android phones.
You may of heard of Blackberry phones too, these are more aimed at business people.
These phones are known as "smartphones". You can get the internet on them, email, they have GPS built in and can be used for sat nav, they can hold music and movies, they have cameras on them.. all sorts.

Rahter than writing an iphone app there is an easier solution, there is a "app" for Iphones (and android or "droid" phones) called tapatalk.
It requires the forum administrators to install some software on the tri5 server, then you can use it.

The only caveat for this is that recently there was a security problem with tapatalk, some forums I go on actually removed it until a fix is implemented. Not sure if this has been done yet.

Although the app is useful you can always use the internet browser on your smartphone, should work just fine with a bit of zooming in and out.

Tapatalk already connects to lots of different forums, if you have a android or iphone you can download a free version that lets you read, but not post. The version that lets you post is a couple of dollars.

·
Registered
11,212 Posts
Wurks 4 me

It would be nice if they make an iPhone app for triFive to b able to upload your photos and so fourth I'm just saying what do u all think?
It would make it easier to stay in touch too.

·
Administrator
48,740 Posts
I can barely make a call on a cell phone, no way I'm gonna try to see and use a web page on that little screen...
I am like that too.
Terry

1 - 8 of 8 Posts