Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In 1994 A movie was filmed in Sperry, Okla. It was part of the Midnight Run series for TV featuring Chris McDonald as bounty hunter Jack Walsh. They needed a classic car for the Sperry shoot. They chose Phil Henry's 56 Conv. Matador Red and India Ivory car. Since I had done most of the work on the old car, Phil enlisted me to take the car out there. For two days I hung out with the crew, and had to teach Chris McDonald how to shift a 3 on the tree. They took amazing care and caution with the car, and asked my permission for everything. It was a cool time, the car was the star, but at the end of the day I got to drive away in it. I have a few old pics I'll try and find them. Here's a link to the movie.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Midnight_Runaround

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Neat story Randy... Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks Dave, I've always wanted to share that story with you guys, but I couldn't remember the actor's name, and the movie originally was to be called the Bounty Hunter, so when I would search for it I couldn't find it. Last night I was watching Grease 2, and there he was, so I searched his name and found the movie. The neatest thing about hanging out with the crew was lunch, man they put on a feast! Then the special effects, they shot up a Taurus, it was cool watching. It was all done by remote control. They knocked dents and holes in the car, put these explosive charges in there, body filler, then painted over them. Then by remote set them off during the scene. Pretty cool, and alot of work.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts