Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i have a 1957 chevy 2-door belair hardtop. the specification tag on the firewall has 1 set of specs that i cannot identify. the trim code says 676, which i know is matador red. in addition to that number, it also says opt 1-c. i'm guessing that this designates some type of option, but have not been able to find any chevy books or websites that can identify this option. does anyone know what this might mean or where i may look to get an answer.. thanks greg

·
Registered
302 Posts
Greg. I went through all my books and could not find anything. I have heard of some strange things being stamped on the cowl tags but this one is new to me. I'll keep looking.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
thanks

thanks for looking.. i've not had much luck either. the stamping looks genuine. the letters are raised, just like all the other numbers & letters on the tag, though they seem just s bit smaller in size. one guy told me it could be a dealer installed option and they then stamped that code on and if that's the case, only a dealer might know??? anyways, i'll continue to seek an answer, though it's not really going to influence the way i put the car together.. thanks again.. greg

·
Registered
302 Posts
Greg,

According to my books, Options were like RPO's or LPO's and most were factory installed but accessories could be bought over the counter and installed by the dealer or the customer. So... what you have is some very weird factory option and not an RPO (Regular production option). The only options I could find that even started with the number "1" were for the heater and air conditioning but they were 101, 110 and 111. It sounds like your raised mark is clearly not one of those. The only LPO (limited production option) that starts with a "1" is LPO1000 for a special in-city generator and LPO1100, 1300, 1200, 1002 for special police options. I doubt that a 2-door HT was used a police car. I found all kinds of options and accessories that had no RPO or LPO number so it could be one of those. I'll keep looking.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts