Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OKay, so I stink at fixing stainless trim and went to the danchuk web for new , BUT no can find for the 4door 57 chevy. Anyone know of a source for new door/side trim stainless especially the rear doors. Original stuff had been pulled off,not gently removed, and has bends ebout every 4inches. I thought it might be too expensive to send for restoration,

·
Administrator
49,962 Posts
Doc check with site sponsor about straigtening it. If it can be straigtened he`ll tell you, and if not he`ll tell you that too. His name is Gordon Duda, click on sponsors in the tool bar at top. If you end up needing more pieces put an ad on here and check on ebay too.
Terry

·
Premium Member
1,481 Posts
Doc, the website Mitch listed is operated by one of our members Chevynut57. The pieces I purchased from him were top notch.

·
Registered
6,563 Posts
The a/mkt stuff I've seen is NOT of a quality that would withstand the "50 footer" inspection....Poor edge definition, wrong contours, yadda, yadda...
I did some of my own, [as I used to do alot of it], but the old arthritus got me, and I had a local guy do the rest it.....Glad I restored it instead of buying new....

1 - 6 of 6 Posts