Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Administrator
50,514 Posts
Also be aware that there are 2 types of rings. There are some that are flat and some that are curved, this is from the outer ring area to the center.
Terry
This is the curved ones mounted on my 8" rear rim

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
Also be aware that there are 2 types of rings. There are some that are flat and some that are curved, this is from the outer ring area to the center.
Terry
This is the curved ones mounted on my 8" rear rim
Those trim rings are for a 8 inch rally of the 1/2 ton truck varity, nothing like what the Corvette used, A 77 Cutlass 15 X 7 rally is the olny non Vette trim ring that looks right on a 15X8 Vette wheel. Vette rings will not fit 15x7 Monte wheels. Monte rings look wrong on Vette wheels.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
The so called round ones were on 1/2 ton trucks and Pontiacs, They were never on Chevy cars. My sister has a 77 Cutlass my parents bought new, I gigured out 30 years ago they had a 3 inch wide trim ring and worked well on 15x8 vette wheels. I have had them that way 30 plus years on my 67 SS 350 with 14x6 Camaro rallys on front. I have a couple hundred rally wheell in my junk pile. Sorry the round ones belong on trucks.

·
Registered
503 Posts
the 68 corvette used a wide ring on a 7 inch wheel. all corvette steel wheels from 69 to 82 were 8 inch and used the same ring as the 68 vette. the back space was different on the 68 vette 7 inch ralley vs the monte carlo 7 inch ralley which allowed the use of the wider ring.

·
Registered
7,195 Posts
the 68 corvette used a wide ring on a 7 inch wheel. all corvette steel wheels from 69 to 82 were 8 inch and used the same ring as the 68 vette. the back space was different on the 68 vette 7 inch ralley vs the monte carlo 7 inch ralley which allowed the use of the wider ring.
I have seen factory 14x5 drum, 14x6 drum, 14x6 disk, 15x6, 15x7 std offset, and 15x8 Vette. I own at least 2 sets of each of the disk styles. However, I have not seen 15x7 that uses a wide trim ring. I an going to look it up in Hollander, It sounds quite rare.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.