Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I tried a search for this and couldn't find any order in the install of the trunk floor and tail pan. do I install the tail pan first then the floor or the other way ?
I'm going to do it at the same time but don't know the order. first time replacing large pieces so I will ask tons and search as best as I can.
Thanks

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Big Dave, mine was so badly rusted that the rear brace was almost non existent. I cut out the last 8 to 9 inches of the floor. (take several measurements for reference) The new brace I drilled holes around the edges where it contacted the floor and pre mounted the brace to my new floor piece.

I then put them in together... best to replace those last two body mounts at the same time, that way you will have the proper spacing.

I installed the tailpan second. Best to have the trunk lid mounted and adjusted for proper closure before you cut out the tailpan out. I also needed the tailpan extensions and inner dog legs. These, many have commented, as well as I that the reproductions are a far cry from fitting easliy.... they need some messaging. Good luck

Attachments

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin
1,826 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mine is the same way. the brace was dragging on the ground. I have to replace the complete floor because of the rust. I'm getting the floor with the brace welded together and the tail pan. The dogleggs look good yet so hopefully I don't need anything else. I see from the pics that the tail pan goes on after the floor?

1 - 3 of 3 Posts