Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been out the loop for a few years because of some medical issues. However now am getting back to restoring the 55 2Dr HT. My question is: Has anyone everseen a Trunk Floor Support from a Convertible in a 2Dr HT? All the resto parts places show it for convertibles only Why is it in here? Going to replace the full trunk floor and discovered this Floor Support installed. Do I need it?
Mike

Attachments

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mark,
Thanks for the response, didn't think I was going to hear from anyone. Were you able check your 55. Almost have all of the spot welds cut out of the trunk floor, what a job.

·
Registered
14,072 Posts
I have been out the loop for a few years because of some medical issues. However now am getting back to restoring the 55 2Dr HT. My question is: Has anyone everseen a Trunk Floor Support from a Convertible in a 2Dr HT? All the resto parts places show it for convertibles only Why is it in here? Going to replace the full trunk floor and discovered this Floor Support installed. Do I need it?
Mike
Is that the piece that is spot welded ON TOP of the trunk floor/main floor attachment area? All of my 2 door Hardtops have that piece. Why? Dont know.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,150 Posts
This part was added in the hardtop because the seat is closer to the front. The reinforment that is vertical, it is attached to, is to far forward to be stable at the bottom, where all the weight is pushing against the back uppright part of the seat, and the bottom cushion. If no one ever sets back ther you may not need it. In a convertible it does the same thing, and the top pump is attached to it as well.

Mikey

·
Registered
303 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I had to remove mine for the new trunk floor. I was looking for a repo but emails from Danchuk go unanswered. Does anyone know if this part is remade? thanks

Yes sir, I have forwarded your email to [email protected] to help answer your question.
Thank you,
Misti

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Auto-Reply: 55 chevy hardtop trunk panel

Can you answer the question about the panel?
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2015 7:17 AM
Subject: Auto-Reply: 55 chevy hardtop trunk panel

> Please direct all emails to the following address:
> [email protected]
>
> Thank you.
>
> Danchuk Manufacturing
>

·
Premium Member
15,888 Posts
I know this is an old post, but I had to remove mine for the new trunk floor. I was looking for a repo but emails from Danchuk go unanswered. Does anyone know if this part is remade? thanks

Yes sir, I have forwarded your email to [email protected] to help answer your question.
Thank you,
Misti

-----Original Message-----
Sent: Tuesday, March 24, 2015 2:32 AM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: Auto-Reply: 55 chevy hardtop trunk panel

Can you answer the question about the panel?
----- Original Message -----
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Sunday, March 22, 2015 7:17 AM
Subject: Auto-Reply: 55 chevy hardtop trunk panel

> Please direct all emails to the following address:
> [email protected]
>
> Thank you.
>
> Danchuk Manufacturing
>
These guys have it;
http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?Parta~PartSort~A0~cadeflbi~~~~A10~A1

part # B749090

http://www.parts123.com/parts123/yb.dll?Parta~ShowPicTxt~Z5Z5Z50000080i~Z5Z5Z5IACEH

1 - 10 of 10 Posts