Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Removed the old inserts and trying 'clean' out the material under the lips. After getting new inserts from one of our sponsors I'm finding they bend or dimple when fitting them under the lip. Also they sure resemble roofing material in look and feel. I think if I force them any more they'll crease permanently.

Should I carefully "trim" them a little bit, or any tips?

·
Premium Member
13,073 Posts
I trimed mine just to fit and used black caulking or black RTV on the underside so when put in place there are on ruff edges and seals smooth,:cool:

·
Administrator
49,960 Posts

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Trimming it is. guess if I mess up I have some roofing tarpaper laying around--that's what it reminds me of, sorta disappointed.:sign0020:

·
Premium Member
13,073 Posts
I think there is 2 types for sale ,,check with the dealers ,,original type and then the black tar paper type -----:blowtiedb:

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,865 Posts
Also they sure resemble roofing material in look and feel.
MP.....Was looking through my East Coast Chevy catalog for another item and spotted their Trunk Insulation Kit.....Noticed that they had two types....Replacement Material and Reproduced Original Material.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 · (Edited)
MP.....Was looking through my East Coast Chevy catalog for another item and spotted their Trunk Insulation Kit.....Noticed that they had two types....Replacement Material and Reproduced Original Material.
I guess I got the 'replacement' material from Danchuk, about $27. Eckler's, for example, has 'replacement' for $31 and 'original' waffle pattern for $39.

When I removed my old stuff I don't recall it being 'waffled', but what do I know...

1 - 13 of 13 Posts