Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well it has been a while since I have posted, due to work and life in general. I have installed a new electric trunk release, I have shaved the deck lid. I have relocated the battery to the trunk. I have also insulated the trunk. I still need a right front fender. I guess I will have to use a repop.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,401 Posts
very nice work Tom. We could get a lot more done on the cars if life's routine was less demanding.

·
Registered
66,282 Posts
nice, trunk looks great tom. :five: ...........:stupido2: so what did you do after lunch?

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
and have relocated the battery to the trunk. I have also insulated the trunk. I still need a right front fender. I guess I will have to use a repop.[/QUOTE]

It's looking pretty good back there however, with the battery in the trunk and in the event of a battery failure do you have a plan B.:questionmark: I'm assuming shaved trunk would mean no key lock... :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

·
Premium Member
50,790 Posts
That really looks good Hoss. I've not insulated my trunk like that because I never thought of it. But I will.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
50,357 Posts
Okay....I'm dumb.....Why insulate the trunk? :confused0006:

·
Administrator
48,728 Posts
Tom i`ve been wondering where you were keeping yourself. Trunk is looking good. How about the rest of the car?;) I can see insulating between the trunk and passenger compartment. I also wonder about the battery failure part.
Terry

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
Trunk should be insulate for sound to improve bass,so as not to get the rattle you sometimes hear . I'm not sure about the back of the seat being insulated tho, you do want the sound to come thru.
Jim

·
Registered
872 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Well I want to keep the temp and noise down. I will have a manual release just in case something goes wrong. I could tell you the secret hinding place, but then it would not be a secret. Terry it is coming along slowy. But I am gearing up for the cooler months ahead. I am going to try to get some paint on it when it cools down. But I cant decide on a color. Every time I think I found something I like I change my mind.:sign0020:

1 - 10 of 10 Posts