Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys. I was wondering if anyone had or had seen a program where you could take a picture of a real car and change the colors to see what different color combos look like together. I guess you could do it with something like photoshop but don't know if they have a lot of real car colors. Any ideas?:confused:

·
Registered
135 Posts
Drummer,

I have heard they are out there. If my old memory still works, House-of-Colors has something. However, unless you have the correct display output you might not see the true color on screen.

Another sugggestion; you did not mention the kind of car you want to paint but...you might be able to find a 24th or 25th scale plastic model from your local hobby shop.

I used this approach for color decissions for my 57. Currently, I have built eight to test colors each with a different exterior and interior color. All have some type of automotive paint applied. Although you are dealing with plastic, if you use the correct primer it will not harm the plastic. Small rattle cans of automotive paints are available.

Along with the plastic models you can purchase almost any other type of rod part. For example, I found a white metal 4-bar link with a Ford 9" and coil over shocks. When polished they look like chrome.

Just a thought.

Don Copeland

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
That's a pretty cool site. Lots of photos and other stuff. A guy could get lost in there :)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts