Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
After talking with a few guys at a car show last night, I really want to get the scoop on the 56's history...
Looks like carfax is useless to me..... so how do look it up?

Also, on the car (inside,driverside, A-pillar) there is a plate with a # that is listed on my title as the vin#. but it is only 11 alpha/numeric digits long. Does that mean it's not my VIN? where should I be looking?

Thanks everyone!

·
Registered
1,024 Posts
The second charcter (A,B or C) denotes Belair, 210, 150.

the next is the year (56)

The next is the code for the city is was built.

The rest is the order it went out the door.

Give us the complete # and we can tell you where, what month, and the approximate day it was built.

·
Administrator
50,514 Posts
This will be about all the information you will find on your car unless you personally know the past owners. Due to privacy laws you can`t trace past owners any more.
The second charcter (A,B or C) denotes Belair, 210, 150.
A=Model 150
B=Model 210
C=Model Bel Air
Terry

·
Registered
1,711 Posts
More or less, it's like a 'family tree' search - talk to the person you got it from, see how long they had it, and if they remember who they got it from. Try to find them, and do it again. Keep in mind, if the original owner bought it when he was 20, he'll be 74 now! :eek:
I'm sure the original owner of my 55 is long since gone - a green and beige 4 door with a green on green interior - nobody young bought that car new!!!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.