52,792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
[VIDEO]2TCHSGvNwRY&playnext[/VIDEO]

·
Registered
37,969 Posts
They don't get it, do they?

This whole situation is ridiculous.

Profiling is the right way to go here. **** with political correctness.

·
Registered
3,426 Posts
Unfortunate...radical muslims WOULD plant explosives on their 3 year old.

TSA spokesman gives nice, politically correct spiel, and the security people probably could use additional training...but searches are very necessary these days. I wouldn't go as far as to say 3 year old was acosted based on the video.

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Just another reason not to fly... If I can't drive there I ain't going... Later, Dave

·
12,256 Posts
They don't get it, do they?

This whole situation is ridiculous.

Profiling is the right way to go here. **** with political correctness.
Exactly. Like I've said before, when you KNOW that a fox is raiding your henhouse you don't go out looking for squirrels.

IMO there's nothing wrong with profiling. EVERY ONE of the guys involved in 9/11 looked like they were from the middle east. That's where most of Al Quaeda is. They're pretty easy to recognize. SO SEARCH THEM!!! :rolleyes:

·
Registered
153 Posts
Exactly. Like I've said before, when you KNOW that a fox is raiding your henhouse you don't go out looking for squirrels.

IMO there's nothing wrong with profiling. EVERY ONE of the guys involved in 9/11 looked like they were from the middle east. That's where most of Al Quaeda is. They're pretty easy to recognize. SO SEARCH THEM!!! :rolleyes:
Not to mention the fact that ALL of these terrorist attacks are done by middle eastern "looking" men. Profile the **** out of these people. Anybody seen this guys consent to search: http://www.aolnews.com/nation/artic...hn-tyner-tells-agent/19716789?test=latestnews

·
Registered
37,969 Posts
The deal with the 3 year old was reported on a local Houston station, CW39.

Both of these and another were discussed on a local radio show I listen to going to work.

Subject to a lawsuit if he doesn't get the "groin check"? Come on, you either get on the plane, you don't, or you go to jail. No lawsuits.

I'm sure glad my business airline travel cut way back about 5-6 years ago. I'm thinking the way Dave does right now. Why subject myself to this BS? And after you get by the TSA, there's the airlines themselves (baggage fees, etc.), and customs, which is a distant third, but never a positive experience. I'll drive or stay home too until this gets better.

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
Just had an argument with the wife this morning over this. We are flying in February and I wanted to cancel the trip but she says we can't. I bought and paid for the airline tickets and the cruise months ago before any of this nonsense started. First off I don't like to be touched....by anyone....not even family. It's just this thing I have. Hands off! So the pat down is a problem for me. Right now a legislator in New Jersey has stated the enhanced pat down is illegal in his state saying it is too invasive and he is trying to get the TSA to back off. The head of Home land security Napolitano is saying the x-rays are safe but that's not what the medical professionals are saying. One group has said it is very high dose and can cause skin cancers. I've already dealt with skin cancer and don't want anymore of it! I heard yesterday that two pilot unions along with the union for the cabin stewards are telling their members not to expose themselves to the x-rays. I know security is important in these days of terrorist attacks. Seems the screening they had before was working pretty well. I don't know what I'm going to do about February but I can tell you this...I'm not flying again until they come up with a better idea. I wonder what they will do when a Muslim woman refuses to be touched!

Don

BTW whats next internal body cavity searches?? my wife didn't like it when I asked her that one!

·
Registered
1,086 Posts
Just had an argument with the wife this morning over this. We are flying in February and I wanted to cancel the trip but she says we can't. I bought and paid for the airline tickets and the cruise months ago before any of this nonsense started. First off I don't like to be touched....by anyone....not even family. It's just this thing I have. Hands off! So the pat down is a problem for me. Right now a legislator in New Jersey has stated the enhanced pat down is illegal in his state saying it is too invasive and he is trying to get the TSA to back off. The head of Home land security Napolitano is saying the x-rays are safe but that's not what the medical professionals are saying. One group has said it is very high dose and can cause skin cancers. I've already dealt with skin cancer and don't want anymore of it! I heard yesterday that two pilot unions along with the union for the cabin stewards are telling their members not to expose themselves to the x-rays. I know security is important in these days of terrorist attacks. Seems the screening they had before was working pretty well. I don't know what I'm going to do about February but I can tell you this...I'm not flying again until they come up with a better idea. I wonder what they will do when a Muslim woman refuses to be touched!

Don

BTW whats next internal body cavity searches?? my wife didn't like it when I asked her that one!
Amen! I wonder where common sense went? Not so common anymore. Sad.

Later,

Mike

7,082 Posts
If it looks like a chicken, walks like a chicken, clucks like a chicken and lays eggs like a chicken, there is a possibility it is a chicken. CHECK IT. Lloyd :)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts