Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Around 2pm today the Admiral Twin Drive-In a Tulsa icon burnedto the ground. It was a two sided screen, supposedly the largest wood screen of it's kind still in existence. It had been there for over 60 years. It was the scene in the movie the Outsiders(1983). Those of us that grew up here spent many a night there, and it has been the location of many car and bike shows.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,962 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It was still in operation, in sad condition but still going. I remember 4 of us in the trunk of a friend's Mom's GTO sneakin in to see Easyrider. Spent many a night crawlin under the fence on the eastside and sneakin up on our older brothers with their girlfriends. Good memories, Sad deal.

·
Registered
37,052 Posts
I remember it well, having grown up on the Arkansas/Oklahoma border about 90 miles from Tulsa in the 60s. One of the first places you'd see coming in on Admiral Blvd. from the east on Highway 33.

It's been a while since being in Tulsa, maybe 8-9 years, but seems like Admiral Blvd. and that whole area was getting pretty run down at that time.

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
The first HotRod Power Tour that I drove on stopped there. It was full of hotrods. I don't remember the year 199? :confused0006:

·
Registered
67,443 Posts
thats a shame. not many around anymore. wish they would open a few. :sad0049:

1 - 6 of 6 Posts