Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i want to make a 350 tunnel ram motot with two carbs i want it for show no go but driveable ???? please tell me my set up?????

·
Premium Member
19,668 Posts
i want to make a 350 tunnel ram motot with two carbs i want it for show no go but driveable ???? please tell me my set up?????

sorry for big pic heres example
need tunnel ram
2 450 holley cars< mild motor>
good throttle linkage set up
intake gaskets, dizzy gasket,
and your ready for install
for show u can hav tunnel polished, also get carbs powered coated,chrome linkage, and nice chrome hillborne carb intake

·
Registered
131 Posts
tunnel ram

at the moment i don't have a motor that has a tunnel ram on it but i have run motors with them in the past and have had no problems were you need to look at is the amount of cfm in total you intend to run if you run 2 450 cfm's that is only a total of 900 cfm and the motor should handle this combo but on the same not if you were to run a pair of 750's cfm now you have 1500cfm's and the chance of getting the motor to run smooth with that much cfm will be problem carbs there is a lot more you need to look at as over carbing is just one part the type of heads cam compression ratio ignition there is a lot to look at i do run a pair of 450 cfm on a cross ram on my 69 camaro and it runs great idles all day and is not bad on fuel for a motor that makes 525 hp on pump gas do your home work and all be fine
thanks bob:bowtieb:

Attachments

·
Registered
7,275 Posts
I bought 3 Holley 450s for my tunnel ram on my 396 never did get it right. I was ready to go back to my C396 7 3310-1 when I stumbled accross a pair of 600 model 1850-3. A couple of kits later it runs great. Now I have a pair of tunnel ram 9776 carbs collecting dust.

·
Registered
164 Posts
a friend of mine wanted the same thing so he took a wieand tunnel ram 2 Holley 600's he put the one carb on the rear as it is normally done, then he took the one for the front pulled the blades out of it and made a thin plate that looked like a gasket so that carb was a dummy he said it worked great.

·
Registered
488 Posts
well i am running a tunnel ram but i am running a dual quad w/2 500 cfm carters. works great for me, i am running it in a 1925 ford pannel . oh 350 chevy turbo 400 3.70 gears, hmm can you say fun.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts