Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
PO have cut off the U channel of floor panels. These are used to attache the inner and outer rocker panel and I need to fabricate something to be able to have something to weld to.
I saw another post by Bilaire where he fabricated the J channel (rear seat position) just outside of the floor to inner rocker panel.
His dimensions was 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4 and 22,5 inches long.

My question is if anyone have the dimensions for the floor U channel and another question does this U channel procede under the B post.
Car is -56 2 door hdtp.

Thanks

·
Registered
Cocke County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
7,748 Posts
I probably can't help, but a picture of what you have would make things easier.

·
Registered
4,352 Posts
PO have cut off the U channel of floor panels. These are used to attache the inner and outer rocker panel and I need to fabricate something to be able to have something to weld to.
I saw another post by Bilaire where he fabricated the J channel (rear seat position) just outside of the floor to inner rocker panel.
His dimensions was 3/4 x 3/4 x 3/4 and 22,5 inches long.

My question is if anyone have the dimensions for the floor U channel and another question does this U channel procede under the B post.
Car is -56 2 door hdtp.

Thanks
Hope this helps, teh channel does run the full length of the floor - mine is a 2 door post, but I think the same id true of a 4 door post.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Hope this helps, teh channel does run the full length of the floor - mine is a 2 door post, but I think the same id true of a 4 door post.

View attachment 334713

View attachment 334714

View attachment 334715
That sure does help, now I can see how far it extends, maybe I have to make the U part in sections though or maybe I can ask my local tinsmith to make it for me.
The U channel would be the same lenght as the inner rocker panel and that means approximately 70 inches.
Seems that the U channel and the J channel are approximately the same size so I will fabricate both the J channel and the U channel the same.

Thanks.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts