Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just found this forum, registered and it asked me to say Hello.

Hello

Hope every one is having a nice Halloween.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I Live in Wylie Texas, about an hour north of Dallas.

got a 56 chevy truck 3200 that I learned to drive in and my grandfather told me I could have it when I was about 9.

I am currenty working on it to get it running again. It has been sitting a very long time.
in 1987 I bought a 68 chevy for the engine and tranny. pulled the six out of the 56 it sat until I got out of the Navy.
Rebuilt and Installed the 350 engine in 1992, but never cranked it.
It sat and it sat
removed the engine again at the begining of this year, cleaned it up and put it back in.
rewired the entire thing a few weeks ago, and cranked it for the first time.
I did not try to start it, I just wanted to make sure I had oil pressure.
Which I did.
Next it to get fuel to it.

Oh, and the tranny leaks like crazy.

I also have a 54 Desoto I bought on eBay and have not worked on it. Waiting to get my truck running first.

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
Welcome, and happy holloween to you! It's pouring rain here right now so not too much activity...poor kids!

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Welcome from another old truck guy!I am planning a 409/Tremec 5-speed combo sometime down the road.

·
Administrator
49,366 Posts
David i saw on your web page that the trans is a 400 and leaks bad. If all else fails check out the shifter shaft seal. That is what was leaking on the 4oo i did have in my 57. Kept thinking it was the pan gasket and changed it out several times and even changed pans, it was the seal all along.
Terry

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Welcome from another old truck guy!I am planning a 409/Tremec 5-speed combo sometime down the road.
Hey, I would like to see some more pictures of your truck.

Where did you buy the wide white wall tires? I want to put some on mine.

·
KINGS X 56 = R.I.P. August 31, 2014Senior Member 2
2,885 Posts
Welcome to you & your 56 Chevy truck. Post some pictures of your progress.

KINGS X 56

·
Senior Member 1 Silver Star Chat Room Moderator
1,418 Posts
David,

Welcome to the forum; you will soon be hooked on it. Get some pics of the truck up for us to see. With your Navy background, that calls for a good "Go Air Force!" :) :) :)

BUDDii

·
Registered
67,390 Posts
hi ya and welcome david! this could be a ghost member ;):eek::rolleyes::p:confused:

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.