Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am thinking either POR15 or Eastwood's Rust Encapsulator. Thoughts? Experience?

I want to paint over the rust and I want it protected, not because it will actually rust through, but because it will bug me if it isn't painted.

·
Registered
56 150 two door w/210 trim, 350 CID, TH 350
630 Posts
POR 15 should work just fine, or any quaity rust paint will work for under the dash where surface rust is the most you usually see.

When I painted mine I used white (off white actually), it really aided when reinstalling everything due to the white reflecting the light and making it easier to see up in there.

Jim

·
Registered
718 Posts
I like that white paint idea.

I've had poor experiences with Rust Encapsulator. It seems to chip off fairly easily on frames. Under the dash I guess it doesn't matter and it's a little less work than POR 15 because it cleans up is easier.

Gerry

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I like the white paint idea too. They make a silver, I think that should reflect as well too. I will give it a shot.

·
Administrator
1957 Bel Air sport sedan
10,038 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
:D I need to make an order from Rust Bullet or Eastwoods.

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
It's been my experince with POR15 that it works better if the rust is removed. Even a rep from Eastwood told me that even though the claim is it can be painted over rust it works better if the rust is removed first. Just something to keep in mind and one other note: Make sure you wear nitrile gloves and long sleeves not to mention the prerequisite respirator if your spraying it. If you get POR15 on your skin you'll be looking it it for about a month. The only thing that cuts it is lacquer thinner or gasoline.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts