Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 442 Posts

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Well Underway Downunder, This will be my blog for my build

After joining this site , i had the vision of just doing the minimal requirements for a R.W.C (Road Worthy Certificate down under) Pink slip ?? Legal papers to allow me to enjoy my new ride as was and restore at my leisure.
Alas this was not to be the case.
Upon investigation for saftey i found all body mounts to be non existant so body off it had to be. couldn't stop myself, so now is a total strip and restore.
Hopefully the pick of the little rust i have will apeeze the photo happy :) coz i know u luv'm. Progress will be on and off as time and funds permit. anyhoo living the dream:bowtieb:

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Hopefully the pick of the little rust i have will apeeze the photo happy :) coz i know u luv'm. Progress will be on and off as time and funds permit. anyhoo living the dream:bowtieb:
Hey mouse, that's my moto "Never Stop Living your Dream" so keep it up !!! you'll get there quicker than ya think!!! Best of luck with it !!! BDR...:cool:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Hi mate, looks like you have a lot of work ahead of you. The good news is when its done you will know it was done right. This place is a great site with heaps of info and nice people. Some of the workmanship guys are putting into there cars is unreal. :anim_25: and welcome :tu:tu:tu Brad.

·
Premium Member
50,788 Posts
Looks like you've got a great start on a good smart project. Good luck and keep us posted. :shakehands:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
Mouse, I know at the moment it will seem daunting but once you have done the job from start to finish you will not have to touch it for another 20 years. Then comes the fun of cruising for so many years. If you were to do just enough to get the RWC slip then it will seem every weekend you are working on her as there is always something else that starts to play up. :anim_25: and keep us posted.

·
Registered
66,024 Posts
nice progress mouse. :tu

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
On the way :)

Hi again from down under :)
Well i started some time back with a strip down. I got so far and ran out of room in my Garage so had to stop pulling stuff off,as i have nowhere to put it . so i am now doing 1 panel at a time and started with Firewall and bulkhead, got tired of it, so stopped and mooved on to the drivers door if i have uploaded correct i should have a before and after shot to date :)

drivers door so far3.jpg

drivers door so far3 (1).jpg

drivers door so far3 (2).jpg

drivers door so far3 (3).jpg

·
Premium Member
50,788 Posts
Looking good there Hoss. I can understand about the room. Got my wifes Vette apart and scattewred everywhere. :anim_25:
:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
12,124 Posts
Mouse that door is looking good. I think we all have the problem with room and that really slows the job down but any progress is good progress :tu:tu

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Build Update

Hi Guys Been a short while to get back to the build.
Have been playing in the Garage and $$ are tight so it will be slowly as she goes.
Any hoo Latest development on the Drivers door and bulkhead.
I am no expert on panel work or painting for that matter so i taught myself and have done the best i could with 55 year old iron and my limited skills.
I think "ALICE" The name i gave her is comming along nice ?? Here are some photoz for you to parooze :)

drivers door so far (1).jpg drivers door so far (2).jpg drivers door so far (3).jpg drivers door so far (4).jpg drivers door so far (5).jpg

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #15

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
More Progress

Last lot for now all in primer straight from gun
drivers door so far (11).jpg drivers door so far (12).jpg drivers door so far (13).jpg

This one also shows i have done the Drivers rear Quarter Better photoz to follow

drivers door so far (14).jpg

This one also shows my Firewall in final highfill

drivers door so far (15).jpg

Hope im not boring you guys with my progress.:)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Drivers Rear 1/4

Some picks of the Quarter panel again straight from the gun in undercoat.

Drivers Quarter.jpg Drivers Quarter (2).jpg Drivers Quarter (3).jpg Drivers Quarter (5).jpg Drivers Quarter (6).jpg

Alice is slowly moving forward although i had the spray gun not adjusted correct and got a few runs in top of 1/4. I will sand them out before top coat :)

·
Registered
2,278 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Been a while since i updated the post.
I have been given orders ( from doctor) i cant lift anything for a while due to just having shoulder surgery today.
So the back burner it has to be for now
Will be a while before i can get back to her :(
Will post when i can and still read the forums ( great reading and info
Keep the dream alive guys
Chow 4 now
:bawling:

1 - 20 of 442 Posts