Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 1108 Posts

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I mentioned a while back that I had decided that my ol' blue sedan had too much rust in it for me and I wanted a body that was in a little better shape. Last saturday I went to SC and bought this hardtop shell. Here it is in all it's glory..

Attachments

·
Administrator
48,505 Posts
Looks like a great start, i've seen much worse brought back to life.......It's always nice to see another TriFive saved and brought back to the road! :tu Jim
your a better man then me. have fun with it. :anim_25:

:anim_25: on your new project Rusty :):tu

·
Registered
1,487 Posts
Gotta luv the Hardtops too. I call my Nomad a 2 door Hardtop station wagon. Some people give me a blank look. Then I open my door and show them I do not have a door reveal.(Metal frame around the top and back side of my door window opening as a sedan or post car would have). "Oh, I didn't know that",they'd say.

·
Registered
2,526 Posts
Lots of work. It will have been all worth it the first time you drive it down the road. One good thing about these cars, you can replace every piece of old sheet metal with new steel. Looking forward to the finished product.

·
Registered
3,511 Posts
Awesome!! Two things come to mind...that I would be thrilled to find a '56 in that condition up here, and that if I was closer, I'd bug you for the blue body, and drop it on an early '80's Impala frame, and make a DD/Falfa Clone out of it! :)

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I have no time frame. I have no idea how long it will take to put it together in my spare time. I'm also missing a lot of parts and I have no idea how long it will take to find those either. I ordered a new tailpan brace and the rear 10" of trunk from Restoration World and to my suprise, 2 days later the parts were in my living room! I had already mounted the body on a rotisserie, but everybody I talk to says to install the tailpan brace and tailpan with the body on the chassis,soo I spent the afternoon getting my blue body off of my chassis. That wasn't a pretty experience.

Attachments

·
Registered
7,375 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
Here's a "before" shot of the trunk after I removed the tailpan. I made the mistake of ordering a new rear 10" panel and a tailpan brace before I took a real good look at what I had. I dont like the way the 10" peice is stamped and the rest is worse than I originally assumed so I'll be ordering a new trunk floor in a week or so.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 1108 Posts