Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Note to self: “the next time you install a new 700R and shifter, make sure it is fully in park with the emergency brake on!” 62 and have never been in an auto accident. Still 62, and still have never been in an accident! 8k in new parts and the re-do begins..

·
Registered
2,041 Posts
Oh man...sorry to see that. Glad you weren't hurt! Looks like you found a usable inner and outer fender - so there's that. Good luck on the repair.

·
Registered
55’ Pontiac station wagon Chevy 350/350
16 Posts
holy Toledo. That’s horrible! Runaway cars are scary. I tried to stop one one time on a construction site. Bad mistake. 80’s Toyota trucks are a lot heavier than they look. Glad your ok!

·
Registered
132 Posts
Glad you're weren't hurt. Don't beat yourself up too bad, coulda happened to anyone.

·
Registered
67,073 Posts
hope you had good insurance.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Oh God, I usually see this type of accident in movies. You surely have a lot of things to do to restore it.

·
Premium Member
1,222 Posts
Big bummer! Hope you get it back to its former state without to much trouble. Nice '56.

·
Premium Member
424 Posts
Looks like one of those "that could have happened to me" situations. Sorry it happened to YOU but glad you're ok, and your car is on the road to recovery!

·
Registered
36,802 Posts
phil, I feel your pain. I had that happen to my first 55 back around 1970, except it wasn't trees it was a house. And parts were cheaper and easier to find back then.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Oh man...sorry to see that. Glad you weren't hurt! Looks like you found a usable inner and outer fender - so there's that. Good luck on the repair.
Thanks, it actually rolled down the hill when I had my back turned. After searching and seeing a bunch of junk for sale, I decided to take the easiest route this time and buy all new parts. The good news, been there done that a couple of times so this rebuild should be a little easier.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
holy Toledo. That’s horrible! Runaway cars are scary. I tried to stop one one time on a construction site. Bad mistake. 80’s Toyota trucks are a lot heavier than they look. Glad your ok!
Ha, ha, ha, jumping in front of moving vehicles sounds like something I would try - once! Lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
phil, I feel your pain. I had that happen to my first 55 back around 1970, except it wasn't trees it was a house. And parts were cheaper and easier to find back then.
Rick,
Uh , grenade part of a anti theft "deterrent" ??? lol..............gene
out of whack, good eye! Actually it’s eye candy for the car shows. Lol!

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Your dating us. That’s about the time I got my 1st 56. I remember one could buy a roller with hood metal back in them days. My 1st 56 was given to me by my dad after he totaled the from end. The cow he hit walked away..lol

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Big bummer! Hope you get it back to its former state without to much trouble. Nice '56.
RoxRod, thank goodness for like minded Tri five enthusiast and a good insurance policy.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
hope you had good insurance.
For the most part yes, could have been better but I was given enough to get her back to her original condition.
Looks like one of those "that could have happened to me" situations. Sorry it happened to YOU but glad you're ok, and your car is on the road to recovery!
thank you sir, the next month will be full of exciting moments.

·
Administrator
65,361 Posts
You`ll have it back in shape in no time, looed like a beauty then with a face lift it will look even better

1 - 20 of 26 Posts