Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Premium Member
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This guy builds bada** cars. I've seen several of his videos with different cars of the same caliber. Not comfortable with the high RPM miss, but even then this thing screams! I like the smokescreen he leaves on the street, in traffic.
My kinda car!

http://www.youtube.com/embed/wwXm7VAWyHg

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Excellent... Later, Dave

·
Registered
311 Posts
I haven't been a big LS fan, just because I don't like the look of those motors, I love the look of SBC and BBC in the old classics like they came with, but with that said you can't take anything away from them as far as power goes. That Chevelle is a true sleeper, I had a 65 chevelle with a very healthy 327, 4spd, and 4:11 12 bolt, it was plenty fast, didn't lose too many races, but not even close to the same league as that car. Some guy in 5.0 mustang or tuner is gonna role up on that Chevelle and have their hat handed to them,they'll be left in a cloud of smoke trying to figure out what just happened:sign0020:. Thanks for posting it, I enjoyed that very much:congrats:

·
Premium Member
3,982 Posts
enjoyed that .i have a friend that has a twin turbo 68 camaro,apparently it has a thousand horse.im hoping to get a ride

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
American Muscle at it's best... what a ride, thanks for sharing.. BDR...:cool:

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
that high rpm miss is the rev limiter. gotta have one with turbos or the motor will just keep rpm-ing till it blows up !!
and i dis-like the way the rear wheelwells are cut !!! JMO.......

·
Premium Member
13,583 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
that high rpm miss is the rev limiter. gotta have one with turbos or the motor will just keep rpm-ing till it blows up !!
and i dis-like the way the rear wheelwells are cut !!! JMO.......
I understand what you're saying Gary, and why. To my old school ears it sounded like crapout, like when points get bad and you keep winding it (not that he's running points though ha!).

I've run two different BBC blower motors and never run a limiter. I just used my foot to control rpm.

The wheelwells bug me too. I like radiused wells but those cuts seem kinda strange.

Like it or not though, that thing could make a fool out of anyone trying to challenge it.

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
cool vid, thanks. :tu

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
hmm, that chassis/drivetrain in/under a 5-6-7 !!!!

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
All engines have their strong points and weak points. The GM LS series is no exception. If you wanted to build a similar performing car with a twin turboed traditional small block or big block, it could be done in much the same way.

Best regards,

Harry

·
Registered
3,210 Posts
All engines have their strong points and weak points. The GM LS series is no exception. If you wanted to build a similar performing car with a twin turboed traditional small block or big block, it could be done in much the same way.

Best regards,

Harry
it's ALL in the cylinder heads !

·
Premium Member
50,811 Posts
I've alway liked 65 'Velles, bought one new,,,,,this one is simply awesome. :congrats:
Cowboy :flag6:

:gba:
bowtie-trifive

·
Registered
3,641 Posts
Awesome car!

What's the downside to running those turbos?

Would it be hard to tune?

1 - 16 of 16 Posts