Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of installing an AAW wiring kit in my Nomad. I would try like to see the dash lights a little better :confused: :rolleyes: ......you KNOW what happens when you become ADVANCED in years :rolleyes: :eek:

Well I had a number for a 3 cp bulb that would fit the standard socket........but I misplaced it :eek: :eek: :eek:

If anyone might know what that number is or may have a better idea...please let me know. :)

T.I.A.,
Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
T.T.T.

I think someone would have done this before.........it sure would be nice to find out what bulb to use.:D

Thanks in Advance, Bob

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Dash Light Bulbs

Hey Mike & Tri-5 ers

I found the bulbs for my dash :D
If anyone would want to increase the brightness of their dash lights, use #1816 bulbs in place of the #57's. The #1816 is a 3 CP and fits the stock socket just fine;) ;) .......should increase brightness by 50* :cool: :cool:

·
Premium Member
2,189 Posts
I got a similar question, is there a way to color the light kinda like newer cars? like maybe a nice green or pinkish color?
I was in PEP Boys the other day.

In the section where they sell all of the import performance items, I happened to see a number of colored bulb "covers".

Didn't pay close attention to them, but if you have a PEP Boys in your area, might be worth a look.

Chuck

·
Registered
792 Posts
dash lights

Hi mr nomad, can you get those #1816 bulbs at any parts house? i tried increasing the brightness of my dash lights on my 57 , so i called ron francis wiring they sent me 12 bulbs at 2,25 a piece , they were just as bright as the stock ones i was P O ed thanks rick

·
Registered
85 Posts
Hi Rick, I just did a quick search on EBay for the 1816 bulbs. None for auction, but in the ebay store category, a lot of 10 bulbs will cost you 2.99 with minimal shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts