Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Vet instructed me to stop her meds to see if there is any change. Yep...she has had 2 good nights of sleep and going on a third. He is finding a better alternative to her pain meds. She was on a 100 mg regiment of Rimadyl. Ive done some research on that stuff, and it was scary what kind of side effects it causes. Anything from vomiting to GI tract complications to aimless wandering and unexpected aggression....ect. Why the FDA put this stuff on the market for dogs as being ok is beyond me. There have been lots of complaints and even suits because of this medication. Ive even heard of other dog owners losing thier pets because of this stuff. Hope the vet finds a better alternative.

·
Registered
956 Posts
I am (we) are always glad when a dog is doing well.
Thanks for sharing.
How about a picture of your sweetie?
signed Maybelline and Miss Molly

·
Registered
2,117 Posts
Ask your vet about deramaxx. I have it for my Shepherd. I only give it to her when she's having a bad day. I don't give her a "daily" dose. We had used Rimadyl, and I agree, the side effects can be bad long term.

·
Registered
67,715 Posts
good to hear. :tu

·
Registered
689 Posts
... We had used Rimadyl, and I agree, the side effects can be bad long term.
Yep, bad stuff. I was within minutes of putting our pug down until we figured out to try something different. Got her off of it and nursed her back to health.

·
Registered
28 Posts
My girl has arthritus real bad and we have her on Previcox. I see a major difference in her when she doesn't get a full dose. She is a 9 year old BC mix and is very large. No side effects from the medication. Good luck

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
This is my dog Haley

Thanks for sharing.
How about a picture of your sweetie?

Shes a good girl. Smart...

·
Registered
1,392 Posts
Glad to hear!!

·
Registered
1,440 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Tomorrow shes getting her claws trimmed to help her walk better then that b word.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts