Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally had some time to clean up the inside of the 210 and get some rust inhibiting paint down. Also bought some new (to me) rims and tires.

I decided to paint the inside door trim all black too since the previous owner have the seats all done in black.

I plan on putting some insulation down and then blakk carpet in.

Don

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,858 Posts
Lookin' good Don :):tu

·
Premium Member
8,575 Posts
Com'n along very nice...

Hey, looks like you're mak'n some good progress, keep at it, but be careful, looks like you live in one them neighborhoods where they'll want to burn you at the stake :eek: if you leave that beauty out in the driveway too long... :cool:there's always someone wanting to complain either about the noise of they don't appreciate a nice yard ornament... :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hey, looks like you're mak'n some good progress, keep at it, but be careful, looks like you live in one them neighborhoods where they'll want to burn you at the stake :eek: if you leave that beauty out in the driveway too long... :cool:there's always someone wanting to complain either about the noise of they don't appreciate a nice yard ornament... :rolleyes:
They are used to me here BigDaddy! That spot on the side of my drive has had a 56' Bel Air, my 57' Tourquoise Bel Air, a 57' T-bird, and now this one. They all pretty much looked like this one too.

Out here people are more concerned about lawns looking like crap due to for-closures than my cars I think.

Don

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
****, you work fast! lookin real good.:tu
Thanks David! Just a note for all to know. I met David a couple weeks ago and found out he was a peace officer and therefor qualified to do a vehicle ID verification on this car. He came and did so for me last week. I have an appt at DMV on the 12th to finish the registration on it.

By the way, he's a pretty cool guy too. Pretty much like most of those on TriFive.

Don

·
Premium Member
1,916 Posts
I didn't realize you had a second one....Looks like a real solid car. Glad you're finding time to do another "gem".:D

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I didn't realize you had a second one....Looks like a real solid car. Glad you're finding time to do another "gem".:D
Thanks Dwight. It was for sale and I decided I could save it, fix it up and resell it. It's another rust free California car so I just had to do it. If it would have meant welding I would have thought twice.

Don

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Another update picture.

Today my morning was spent on putting the front of the car back together. The fenders are bolted on and I re-installed a lot of the panels that I cleaned and painted. Looks better than my 57' Turquoise engine compartment now. :happy0030:

Don

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Very nice!

Lookin' great Don. I really like the old-school wheels you have! Good choice.:tu JIM.

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Lookin' great Don. I really like the old-school wheels you have! Good choice.:tu JIM.
Agree...Excellent choice :tu
Love this photo too Don
If one is good then two is .....Magnificent !

·
Premium Member
11,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Looks good. What did you use to paint the interior and and engine compartment?? Rustoleum?? How did you apply it??
Yes, is was Rustoleum High Performance Protective Enamel. I brushed it on fairly heavy. I will now put down insulation before laying carpet.

Don

1 - 20 of 21 Posts