Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well it's starting to look like a truck, got the cab all done just need the upholstery done in the spring. Got the bed fitted with the wood now it's time to take everything apart and get paint, finish the wood, and put back on the frame. If all goes well the truck should be on the road by spring.

·
Registered
67,738 Posts
nice job, that looks really good. :tu

·
R.I.P. Sept. 8, 2018 Senior Member 2 Gol
2,665 Posts
Looking very, very sharp. What are the plans for the interior?

It got to be a little nerve racking pulling the bicycles down. :p2:
I have the same problem.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
Yes your truck looks straight and is real clean. Has the paint got a hint of pearl in it?
I love my 57 truck.
Don, How soon you forgot... Mike

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
What a pretty truck!
I think I see a little pearl too. What a great color!

I had no idea you were this far along Jeff. I bet your wife is anxious to get this going.

I think I'm about a year behind you.

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
You and Rogeer have me really jealous..........maybe I should try to talk my friend into selling me his 55 GMC shortbed project.............nah, better finish my 56 210 first.......

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks guys, yes there is pearl in the paint, has a green tint, wife has a fancy name for the green, she gave the painter a bottle of nail polish and said match this, does show a little pink tint too at times. I am waiting on my wife to decide what she wants the interior to look like, she gets to pick that out too as well as what color she wants the wheels. I only get to build the truck the good stuff she picks out, but it is a labor of love for me. She put the remodel of our home off for a year so that I could purchase the Nomad a few years back, remodel was done two years ago and that's when she asked me when I was going to start that truck that was sitting for the past 10 years, right now honey was my answer. Jeff

·
Registered
13,421 Posts
The wheels were my next question Jeff. I'll be interested to see what color she wants.
Do you have them yet? Last I heard you were going with the same ones I bought for my wife's truck.

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
The wheels were my next question Jeff. I'll be interested to see what color she wants.
Do you have them yet? Last I heard you were going with the same ones I bought for my wife's truck.
Yep I have them took your advice and got the same ones, my gut tells me she will pick some shade of green to help bring out some of the color in the pearl, I said lets do red, got a odd look from her, so I will just wait and see.

·
Premium Member
7,740 Posts
Truck is looking FANTASTIC Jeff, you have got a lot of work done since the last time i saw it...

So were did you purchase the wooden bed kit from? and are you happy with it, it sure looks nice in the pics :tu

I am thinking of doing the same to my fathers 69

·
R.I.P. Sept. 8, 2018 Senior Member 2 Gol
2,665 Posts
Thanks guys, yes there is pearl in the paint, has a green tint, wife has a fancy name for the green, she gave the painter a bottle of nail polish and said match this...
I remember the nail polish story, that's cute. Sounds like something my wife would do. You're right, women have names for colors that men can't comprehend. Fushia, taupe, asparagus!? I usually end up feeling hungry or nauseous when my wife talks about colors.

·
Registered
137 Posts
Looking great! I have printed pictures of your engine build with tons of notes that say check with Tahoe....someday!

Keep up the posts.

Steve

·
Registered
870 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Truck is looking FANTASTIC Jeff, you have got a lot of work done since the last time i saw it...

So were did you purchase the wooden bed kit from? and are you happy with it, it sure looks nice in the pics :tu

I am thinking of doing the same to my fathers 69
Rick it is a kit from Mar-K and I was real happy with it.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts