Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
I have started a few upgrades on the '57. Got the engine side mounts installed. These are not aftermarket mounts. A buddy of mine fabricated these for me , so they fit perfect. :happy0030: Now we installing the aluminum radiator. In the picture below you will see the radiator in place.. but it will come back out so we can modify the top support bar. Then the hood baffle will be modified. Also I will be installing polished stainless support panels, an aluminum shroud with a 17" thermal clutch fan. Then the new polished stainless hood hinges will go on. :happy0030:

Attachments

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
Lookin good under there Rudy:tu Later, Dave

·
Registered
1,960 Posts
Very neat.

Gonna look really clean Rudy. You have the same mounting plates that I bought. What are you gonna have to do to the cross bar? Show us more pics once you get your mods done. Your buddy did a great job on the engine mounts!:tu JIM.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Gonna look really clean Rudy. You have the same mounting plates that I bought. What are you gonna have to do to the cross bar? Show us more pics once you get your mods done. Your buddy did a great job on the engine mounts!:tu JIM.
Jim, what we are going to do is basically cut out the center part of the bar that rises up and weld in a new section that is straight. just like the 55/56s support bar.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Loooookin' gooooood!!!!!

·
Registered
6,486 Posts
That looks great and bet it does a cool job.:happy0030:
Jim

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Thanks guys... as you can see. I did a little oops on the front of the radiator while doing the trial fit. :rolleyes: But that wll be repaired with a small pick. Will try and take more pics tonight after work.

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 · (Edited)
Update with photos

Got the top support bar modified, radiator in, stainless support panels in and the stainless hood hinges on. It was kinda dark in the shop when I took the pics. So I will take more pics when it is done. Still have to install aluminum shroud, new fan and modify the hood baffle.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Radiator upgrade is pretty much done.

Here are some pics of my radiator upgrade with the new aluminum shroud, clutch fan. I went with the corragated upper hose. I still need to shorten the hose a little. Also I threw in a pic of my new stainless hood hinges. :happy0030:

Attachments

·
Registered
63 Posts
hi there

Hey the upgrade's look great the motor mounts turned out good are you going to polish the top of the radiator i like the billet pulleys .the chrome hood hinge's are nice love to get a set for dads 55 later on down the line .just putting in my to cents thanks :blowtiedb:

·
Registered
2,485 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Hey the upgrade's look great the motor mounts turned out good are you going to polish the top of the radiator i like the billet pulleys .the chrome hood hinge's are nice love to get a set for dads 55 later on down the line .just putting in my to cents thanks :blowtiedb:
Yea I am going to do some polishing on the shroud and some more on the radiator. I also still need to shorten the upper hose a little. then a lot more polishing.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts