Not open for further replies.
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all.
New here.
Brought my ole 55 from northern cal all the way to Turkey . Had her since 1989 as daily driver...could not let her go. Now undergoing a full restore after years of driving
Just a few thoughts:
Turkey is all right, but also strange in many ways. and it is way off the mark for Trifive prices.
Non trifives (51 to 54) sell for more. a LOT more.
Not only that,
for 55,s A semi -restored 4 door 150 goes for 30 000 $,
and then a 55 CONVERTIBLE --well restored--goes for 25 000 $
I even saw one with straight body, original fading paint and pitted chrome, all original parts present, go for 14 000$. Holy sh**8
I guess they figure that the more doors and the more metal means more value.
Would definitely snap up that convertible if i had the cash on hand
Maybe a kidney would do the trick

68,758 Posts
:hello: hi ireland and welcome. good to have you here and nice intro. wow, prices very different over there. ..............:stupido2: might have to come over there to buy a convert and sell my 4 doors.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
crossed my mind too

Crossed my mind too.

But it is simply IMPOSSIBLE for a foreigner to sell a car (or even exchange a car) that they bring from outside of Turkey, unless they sell it to another foreigner.
You can buy ONE tax free car here, however. After that, its a hefty tax (can be as high as 85 %, depending on whether the bureaucrat in charge of your case has hemorrhoids that day!!)

·
Registered
12,462 Posts
Hi and Welcome to TriFive :)

Crossed my mind too.

But it is simply IMPOSSIBLE for a foreigner to sell a car (or even exchange a car) that they bring from outside of Turkey, unless they sell it to another foreigner.
You can buy ONE tax free car here, however. After that, its a hefty tax (can be as high as 85 %, depending on whether the bureaucrat in charge of your case has hemorrhoids that day!!)
Sounds like an interesting administration.... :eek::hmmmm:

·
Registered
19,595 Posts
WELCOME

:sign0016: to trifive:shakehands: :anim_25:with the project... Later, Dave

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
Hello ireland
welcome aboard
Know what ya mean about crazy prices !
same thing here only waayyyyy higher ...
enjoy...:)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
love this site

Trifives is great.
Already used info for choosing an A/C unit (if only I could get it past Turkish customs...) and addressing a pesky P/G leak.
Thankfully vintage small blocks are pretty cheap if you look into the right places with a Turkish friend pretending to be the one buyin it.

I see the crowd here is pretty international.

Thx to all for the warm welcome

And to Kiwi56: I will soon be laying a wreath for the Anzacs fallen at Gallipoli . Yes, even us canucks remember it

·
Registered
1,786 Posts
Welcome to the site Ireland. Just became a Canadian Citizen after living here for 40 years (Moved to Canada from Ireland) and can't believe the prices you're talking about. Note to self...stay in Canada, and drive what I want when I want with no tax implications. :)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
yep

Irish eh? Cool, If in Montreal, hope you hang out at the old Dublin or Hurley's.
US-Canadian here. (but my ancestors came from there back in the 1840s)

About trifives: Yeah, you are right. Stay where you can drive/ restore or mod in peace! **** job of mine got me stuck here. (but other things are nice here...I guess...)

cheers!

·
Trifive on Facebook Admin Trifive Leaders Club
6,152 Posts
I see the crowd here is pretty international.

And to Kiwi56: I will soon be laying a wreath for the Anzacs fallen at Gallipoli . Yes, even us canucks remember it
Very international crowd here ....that's one of the thing's that make this so great !

Thanks for the Gallipoli thoughts Ireland .....much appreciated :)

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.