Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

Registered
馃悢County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
They must really need money. I often track packages from FedEx, UPS, and USPS so I know if it's going to be delayed or something. Checking on a package with the USPS just now and down below I see this. I hope this screen shot is big enough to read.

Rectangle Font Parallel Screenshot Technology

Registered
馃悢County, TN. 55 Bel Air Sport Coupe
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ya know, I reread that and I'm really not sure what they are selling. I thought it was for regular tracking, and that was going to end 9/10/22. I don't need to see my tracking "history", just current tracking. Not really sure if that is what they are stopping or not?

Registered
They are constantly running at a deficit.

Do you know how federal courts get their budget? From cases, lawsuit fees AND bankruptcy filings...so when things are bad (such as foreclosures) their budgets are good.

Registered
I just got a postcard yesterday that was asking for info on a "declared settlement" for anyone whose shipped items valued over $300 between Jan 2011 to Dec. 2013.
Sounds like UPS got caught overcharging customers and is now having to refund monies. I've got no idea what I shipped or received by UPS during those two years, but assume they do or they wouldn't be sending me this notice. So no way for me to collect restitution unless I kept documentation the last decade.

Registered
I just got a postcard yesterday that was asking for info on a "declared settlement" for anyone whose shipped items valued over $300 between Jan 2011 to Dec. 2013.
Sounds like UPS got caught overcharging customers and is now having to refund monies. I've got no idea what I shipped or received by UPS during those two years, but assume they do or they wouldn't be sending me this notice. So no way for me to collect restitution unless I kept documentation the last decade.
UPS or USPS?

Registered
The US Post Office's largest volume customers right now are Amazon,UPS, and DHL. It's cheaper for them to ship through the PO to last stop rural areas, they have the network. My wife works our local small town PO since 2007, the volume of mail has dropped off considerably but shipping packages has increased considerably as well.

Registered
The US Post Office's largest volume customers right now are Amazon,UPS, and DHL. It's cheaper for them to ship through the PO to last stop rural areas, they have the network. My wife works our local small town PO since 2007, the volume of mail has dropped off considerably but shipping packages has increased considerably as well.
The majority of shipping done by our local USPS for FedEx is overtime on Sundays. They don't do it Mon-Sat because it would require more packages to their normal routes. FedEx Sunday OT is spendier than USPS OT for Sunday, so they use USPS instead.

Registered
The majority of shipping done by our local USPS for FedEx is overtime on Sundays. They don't do it Mon-Sat because it would require more packages to their normal routes. FedEx Sunday OT is spendier than USPS OT for Sunday, so they use USPS instead.
Hmm. That shows that federal employees are more cost effective than private employees.

Just imagine how much shipping costs will increase if the USPS haters privatize US mail delivery. Especially for the rural folks.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts