Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody have an original 150 Utility Sedan? Can you tell me two things - 1) was the rear Masonite left natural color, or was it painted or covered with something and 2) were the wheel wells painted, or vynil covered?

·
Registered
3,571 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Bump:

Anybody have an original 150 Utility Sedan? Can you tell me two things - 1) was the rear Masonite left natural color, or was it painted or covered with something and 2) were the wheel wells painted, or vynil covered?
The masonite panel should not be vinyl covered as in the picture. It is plain masonite - but should it be painted or left bare? And should the finished side or the rough side face the interior?

Come on, someone must have an original.

·
Registered
3,571 Posts
My guess is that it would be the same material and paint as the kick panels and the cargo panels found in a sedan delivery. But that is only a guess.

·
Registered
900 Posts
It is my understanding from my research that the Masonite was painted semi-gloss or satin black. The wheel wells were painted black also. I have read that the wheel wells were painted with a textured finish. On my car, the wheel wells were not textured. Just painted black.

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
It is my understanding from my research that the Masonite was painted semi-gloss or satin black. The wheel wells were painted black also. I have read that the wheel wells were painted with a textured finish. On my car, the wheel wells were not textured. Just painted black.
What side of the Masonite faces the interior of the car - the smooth side or the rough textured side? This - http://chevy.oldcarmanualproject.com/fisher/1955A/55ftim552.html - seems to show a textured finish on the panel. And are your wheel wells gloss or semi-gloss?

·
Premium Member
5,518 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Smooth side of the Masonite faces the interior side of the car. The wheel wells are painted semi-gloss black.
Graet! That's what I needed to know. Thanks.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts