Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
492 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I bought another 55 last week. When I hit 70 mph it has a sound like a bad THROUGH OUT Bearing. The sound CYCLES on Off. I can feel and RPM change as it cycles. Now I can turn the A/C off and this sound still cycles. In town the A/C is VERY COLD. Even at its lowest. I drove 100+ miles Sat. AM and other than the sound it worked fine. Sat After noon in much more heat on the return the COLD AIR went away. But on the exit ramp at home it came back cold. The sound may not be related to the A/C. When I have time I will Remove the belt to see if the sound is the A/C. Oh and when I stand on it I have a belt sequel. Any ideas why the air went away?

·
Registered
1,553 Posts
in addition to checking freon charge level.

tighten or replace that belt, if its slipping, no amount of freon will cool it.
if that belt is old or glazed, replace it, check for proper length, and adjustment.
hope that helps.

·
Administrator
70,807 Posts
The cold air may have gone due to the compressor switching off due to overload/overheat then reset it self after it cooled down to switch back on.

This could be caused from an under charged system as well.

To be accurate you will have to throw on a set of guages to see whats going on, as an indication sometimes when the system is under charged you may get freezing on one pipe.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.