Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Was wondering about the MC vacumn line I have one capped vacumn line on the left side of the carb body which is a new holley 750. Where do get the vacumn, as I know I cannot run directly off carb.
Also I was reading previous post on vacumn pressure 16-20. Does one purchase a vacumn gage from local parts store?
As my wife says I am slowly making progress.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,737 Posts
AJ...Aren't there any places on the intake manifold where you can get it from?

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well its an Edelbrock manifold, on the older 350 engine block, unless I am something I didnt see any threaded bosses.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
51,737 Posts
AJ...Below is a photo of a typical Edelbrock manifold....The vacuum port can be seen right behind the carburetor flange.

·
Registered
1,137 Posts
check the details on your carb and it should show which tap to use. I have a Holley Street Avenger carb and it blocks access to the tap in the manifold.
That carb has a port for power brake booster (in the rear), pcv valve (in the front), vac advance (in the front) and one other (on the right side front), built into the carb base. This is fairly typical of all carbs.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Pops your the best, my carb is a double pumper and must be hiding it from view, as it overhangs the flange, I will check in the morning, maybe I can get a 90 degree fitting if there is room.
Then I can get back to bleeding the brakes as there must still be air, made a new bleeder from 1/4 alum. today.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Warren I have the same carb, with electric choke, I seen one rubber on the left side will have to look on the back as I do not recall a port there or on the front but will look hard in the morning. Thanks

1 - 9 of 9 Posts