Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I am getting a 55 2 dr sedan 150 in pretty good shape. With the car I am also getting a pair of NOS front fenders that he has hanging from the rafters in his garage. The fenders on the car are in decent condition and I just picked up a set of fiberglass fenders for my wagon.
So I will be probably selling this pair of NOS fenders and wondering what they are reasonably worth? I know the repops are going for $954 which I think is very high,especially for repops but what are a pair of original fenders worth? I am looking to get the cost of the deal down to where it is manageable for me at the present time and even tho I would like to keep them,at this point it would be better for me to sell them and use that money to help offset the price of the car. It needs other parts and I have too much outgo in terms of money at the moment.
Anybody have a comments as to what I could expect to sell them for either as a pair or each?
Thanks Jim
I almost forgot to ask about the 2 extra pairs of power pack heads with valve covers that come with it as well. I will be using a 350 in the car so I would rather pass on these original 265 power pack heads to someone doing a rest. There is also a couple of pairs of the original staggered valve covers to go with the heads. Again,does someone have an idea as to what i could reasonably get from these?

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The NOS fenders will probably average around 1500.00 a pair. That is about the range i`ve seen them in anyway.
Terry
wow that would be great but I would be surprised if anyone was to offer that kind of money for the fenders. I would think that $500 ea would be a more reasonable number but what do I know? :) I understand that the NOS fenders are just a whole better than a repop. Of course they are selling the repops for over $900 ea.
What about the heads and valve covers?

·
Registered
36,119 Posts
I think $1500 is a pretty low price unless they are damaged with shelf wear.

I've seen them on Ebay at $3000 and higher - not to say they were selling at that price.

They are much more valuable than a repop fender.

Are you really sure you want fiberglass fenders on your car? Have you checked the fit? There will be a lot of work in making them right, and they will probably still look like fiberglass fenders instead of the real thing.

The heads are not worth much, and few will want to pay the shipping for a long distance deal. Best to sell them locally if you can.

·
Registered
1 Posts
1955 chevy nos fenders

Hi I'm a new guy on the block i seen the posting for the 55 chevy nos fenders if you deside to part with them i may be interested .I have a 2dr wagon I'm working on.Thanks Tony

1 - 5 of 5 Posts