I used PB Blaster to kill/disolve the rust. It does a better job than WD, when it comes to rust. I put the cable in the vise, and pulled it in a curve to open the coils on the cable, sprayed PB, and the let them sit for a few days. I hit them 1 a day, and when I got them sliding, I washed themout w/ carb cleaner, and lubed w/WD....
Did mine a month ago
i disconnected them from behind the panel switchs then soaked them with crc (wd 40) then with my hand in the vent tube and a pair of pliers on the other end worked them back and forward till free enough to connect back to switchs
they work great now :tu
A forum community dedicated to 1955, 1956, and 1957 Chevy owners and enthusiasts. Come join the discussion about restoration, engine swaps, reviews, performance, modifications, classifieds, troubleshooting, maintenance, and more! Open to all models including Belair, 210, 150, Sedans, and Nomads.