Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Administrator
49,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has any of you had any dealings with the new reproduction vent window glass frames? If so do they fit good and how about the finish? Any input is appreciated.
Terry

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
I have not seen them in person yet....A buddy just ordered a set for his ride....When they arrive,I'll see what he thinks or perhaps get a look myself.

·
Administrator
49,371 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you. Mine are good but i had clear glass installed before i found out the door glass had gone bad. Long story short i bought the tinted glass set and would like to save the others for the 4dr we plan to build after this one.
Terry

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Terry....I talked to my buddy at lunch today and asked about the vent frames....He's not going to be any help.At the last minute he decided to eliminate the vent windows and go with a 1-piece power window......SORRY :(

·
Registered
3,338 Posts
I have 2 sets of them and on both the stems that attach to the regulator are shorter than stock and will be a bear to get hooked up, the latches could use some major improvements also...

Much like the repro hood hinges have had 2 sets of them also and both were poor quality...

·
Premium Member
10,910 Posts
I used the repop vent frames on my car. I didn't have any problems with fitment and they look fine.

Ray

1 - 9 of 9 Posts