Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2,670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Three questions. Do I need to remove the glass from the vent frame in order to install new latches? The instructions show that the glass is removed but that is extra work that I would like to avoid.

Also, if I need to remove the glass, what size Glass Setting Tape would I need to put the vent glass back into the frame?

Is it difficult to remove and replace the rubber weatherstripping on the vent frame?

·
Administrator
49,512 Posts
Max i can say as to the glass needing to be out to replace the latch since i didn`t have to change mine. But i can`t see how you would be able to bend the mounting tabs over with the glass still in the frame.

The size of the glass setting tape will be dependent on the thickness of the glass. When i installed my glass the local glass shop had 3 thicknesses of it.

The rubber replacement takes some disassembly of the frame and the reriveting it back together.
Terry

·
Registered
7,351 Posts
for weatherstripping....you will need to remove the window assembly from the door. You need to disassemble the vent window frame in order to replace the rubber. I was intimidated by it at first, but wasn't really that tough. You can do it! (Mine was for a hardtop.)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts