Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Trifive Facebook Admin
10,574 Posts
Also get in to Goodguys on Sunday this weekend for free, and those boys don't give much away fro free:tu

·
Registered
185 Posts
veterans

o-charleys will give you a discount any time you eat there if you can show something proving your a vet home depot gives discounts anytime also i re-did 1 bath room saved quite a bit so to all vets no matter what branch no matter what race or gender we are all brothers and sisters :flag6::flag6::flag6: :gba:

·
Registered
4,551 Posts
Thanks for the list, I also use the 10% from Home Depot and have saved some money from them, :flag6:

·
Registered
1,082 Posts
I spend a lot of money at Applebee's all year long so I take advantage of their Veterans day give back .:gba: Thanks for the list ...

Attachments

·
Premium Member
530 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I went when the local Golden Corral did one in 2001, the first Veterans Day following 9/11. It turned out to be a good time with a lot of other veterans. Not what I had expected at all. After I was remarried in 2008, I started taking my wife & it has become something that we look forward to. I pay for hers & we always end up being seated with another couple that we do not know because it is pretty busy. I figure if they are going to feed me the least that I can do is help them out with the seating.

And the vets at the table end up exchanging interesting experiences. I have sat with everyone from WWII through Iraq & Afganistan veterans. The younger guys are pretty suprised to find out that I was a Nam vet and a lead crew chief on the tankers that supported the fighters that supported them in Iraq & Afganistan.

Last year as I made a return trip to get a clean plastic plate it slipped out of my fingers & bounced across the floor. And bounced & bounced. And made lots & lots of noise. And I got the immediate applause & cat calls that have always gone with that kind of bone headed move in any military chow hall. A tradition that transcends all wars & branches. And then I, along with a couple of hundred other guys had to explain that to their wives & girlfriends. :sign0020: Wouldn't miss the camaraderie here at the local one. It has become quite a tradition for most of us.

·
Registered
27,726 Posts
I am not eligible, but, Thank You to all who did serve. Mike

·
Registered
2,293 Posts
Thanks for posting the list. I don't think I'll be taking advantageof the offer, but it's nice to see that restaurants the we frequent are on the list. Thanks to all who serve!
Bill - U.S. Army 1966-1969

1 - 8 of 8 Posts