Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
5,011 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Just saw the news caption on the CNN web page. GENERAL WHO BEAT U.S. DIES. After 43 years I thought I had left some of these bitter thoughts behind. I didn't think we were defeated then & I still don't think that our military was defeated. The news media & politicians did us in. Sorry if this is thread inapproiate , just couldn't help myself. Van:gba:

·
Registered
887 Posts
In generalt, the news media is out for one and only one think and it is not the truth, but instead it is to bring attention to themselves no matter who they hurt!!

When I read a news article I just have to remember that the person who wrote the article is there to make money, make a name for themselves and most of all to express his/her opionion but most don'e really report the news as it really is
:p3:

·
Registered
1,029 Posts
yep, CNN (COMMUNIST NEWS NETWORK) is at again, again, again, again---------------------------------------------------:gba:

·
Administrator
9,085 Posts
I just had the same thought.

I know I served in the 11th cavalry ( BlackHorse ) in vietnam, and we were in battles daily, and although their a were a few battles, where a Troop ( Company ) was almost wiped out we never lost a Battle and to say that a VC general ever won a battle , My unit had thousands of wounded and 760 killed in action we never surrendered or lost any Battle. .

Ever who wrote that article, probably never served a day in the military.

Otis
1SG US Army retired.

·
Registered
1,679 Posts
I just had the same thought.

I know I served in the 11th cavalry ( BlackHorse ) in vietnam, and we were in battles daily, and although their a were a few battles, where a Troop ( Company ) was almost wiped out we never lost a Battle and to say that a VC general ever won a battle , My unit had thousands of wounded and 760 killed in action we never surrendered or lost any Battle. .

Ever who wrote that article, probably never served a day in the military.

Otis
1SG US Army retired.
GOD BLESS OUR VETERANS FROM EVERY WAR. ESPECIALLY THIS MUCH MALIGNED CAMPAIGN. IT WAS THE WAR OF MY GENERATION. HOOORAHHHH!!:gba:

·
Registered
3,718 Posts
We may not have lost any battles but we lost the war when Saigon fell. When we left Nam we knew damn well the country would fall into the Communists hands as the Southern Govt could not maintain it's own.

·
Premium Member
13,579 Posts
I didn't serve there, the draft missed me every time and I didn't volunteer, so I have no earned platform to stand on like you guys do. But, my dad was in the military and all through that mess he would sit every night and pay attention to all the coverage of it. I got fairly mentally drawn into the conflict, both VN as well as what was going on here at home because of it.

Through all of that I don't remember a single "lost" military battle. Yeah Tet got dicey, and Khe Sahn was maybe an 'almost', but what some of the media now seems to be suggesting is that the "US war" is comparable to the French and Dien Bien Phu.

More than a little shamefull to our lost and still living veterans, as well as our country to portray the "facts" like that.

·
Registered
5,586 Posts
Just saw the news caption on the CNN web page. GENERAL WHO BEAT U.S. DIES.
Communist News Network. Figures. Well, that ain't the way I remember it.

Were we ever really this young? 19 yrs. old. Just made L/Cpl. 4th from right, standing with AK.
They wouldn't let us keep 'em as souvenirs, though.

Captured NVA flag. My buddy Robert on the right. A smile and a joke for every occasion.
KIA Con Thien. Think of him every day.

Semper Fi,

Harry
Delta 1/4

1 - 11 of 11 Posts