Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I'm looking for a site to decode a 55-57 Chevy - I have a 54 chevy and a 46 Stylemaster. But I'm lost in these years! Thanks Randi

·
Senior Member 4 Gold Stars
4,460 Posts
Example: VC55NXXXXXX

V-V8
C-Belair If a B-210 if an A-150
N-Norwood Ohio plant
The last 6 are the sequencial production.

If you want to post the VIN except replace the last six numbers with 'X' s, someone will break it down for you.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
vin code

I found the archive and printed it out from the forum. The numbers he had must have been jumbled because it just didn't make sense. As soon as he gets the right numbers I would love someone to help me decode! Thanks Randi

·
Registered
6,404 Posts
What exactly are you talking about? "I found the archive" What archive? "and printed it out from the forum" What forum? "The numbers he had" Who's he?

Would love to help, but I can't figure out what you're looking for.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
vin code

Here on triFive I ran through the threads and found an archive from Danck about decoding. I also printed yours off. My friend buying the 57 gave me a vin # with 00777 as a beginning . but going through the info on the other site-that seemed wrong. So I ask him to go back and check doorplate and any other numbers he could find. He doesn't have a computer so I voluntered. I'm not trying to confuse anyone. Thanks Randi

1 - 7 of 7 Posts