Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone have experience installing underdash Master Cylinder clutch pedal kit with Vintage Air in a '57?? Is there room for both??

·
Registered
375 Posts
Eaht brake system are you using?

I did it using Wilwood with duel master cylinders and no power assist.

Den

·
Registered
64 Posts
57 den, how did that speciality wiper system work out? I have a hydraulic clutch master cylinder set up under the dash... seems like those arms on the raingear windshield wiper setup would interfere...Thanks...

·
Registered
375 Posts
57 den, how did that speciality wiper system work out? I have a hydraulic clutch master cylinder set up under the dash... seems like those arms on the raingear windshield wiper setup would interfere...Thanks...
The SPW system works well. I located it on the passenger side kick panel cavity. IT uses a flexible cable system that runs inside a small aluminum tube. The registers may get in your way. I did have to modify mine to fit. around my brake cylinder reservoirs.

Den

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
foxcat55,

I am also looking to put Wilwood clutch compact Master cyclinder under dash, mounted on top of pedal asm - so I am concerned with wiper mechanism and vintage air clearance.
Raingear or SPW better for clearance?

·
Registered
64 Posts
Acerman ... I'm about to put the same components in my 55. I have the wilwood clutch master cylinder under the dash now and it looks tight. I'm not sure if its going to get in the way of a raingear wiper system... I think it is. I'm looking at options for the wiper system now.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts