Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'd like to fill the hole in the firewall for the original blower motor. I want a Vintage Air kit that goes under the dash but wanting the hoses to come out closer to the fender so they are out of sight. I also want to be able to use my factory slide controls. Anyone using this same set up? Got a part number for the kit? All I'm seeing in Danchuk and H&H looks like the hoses go through the stock blower motor hole.

·
Registered
11,214 Posts
I'd like to fill the hole in the firewall for the original blower motor. I want a Vintage Air kit that goes under the dash but wanting the hoses to come out closer to the fender so they are out of sight. I also want to be able to use my factory slide controls. Anyone using this same set up? Got a part number for the kit? All I'm seeing in Danchuk and H&H looks like the hoses go through the stock blower motor hole.

Touch base with:
Roy Arreguin
Sales
Vintage Air, Inc.
1.800.862.6658 Ext 108
www.vintageair.com

·
Registered
37,290 Posts
You don't have to use a univeral fit evaporator.

I put a bulkhead for the a/c and heater hoses as far to the passenger side as possible. Then I custom made the hoses needed. And filled the blower motor hole as well as the others nearby. The evap assembly is mounted on studs I welded to the firewall.

Mine is a cable unit but the electronic one can be done the same way.

·
Premium Member
5,338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool Rick, I like the look of a billet bulkhead on a firewall.

·
Registered
2,419 Posts
I also used a bulkhead- as far to the passenger side as I could get it. Also a picture of how I ran my hoses, and the stock controls hooked to the Vintage Air cables. It is a tight fit under the dash. I welded two 1/4" bolts to the inside of the firewall and mounted the evaporator that way.
Terry

Attachments

·
Registered
516 Posts
order up the kit for 55 chevy and spec a universal line set. you can also spec what side you want the a/c bracket on as well. its a few more bucks but you get what you need. let me know if I can help.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts