Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I heard a vw beetle wiper motor would fit a tri five chevy has any one else heard this or know if it would work?

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Oh, that just sounds wrong..... sacrilegious even! :D

I have not heard that....interesting.

·
Administrator & Tech Articles
52,805 Posts
Another possibility :)

·
Registered
1956 Nomad RHD, mofified, 1955 Nomad RHD,restored 1957 Nomad RHD, still in progress
1,506 Posts
Vee haff vays off makking dat vork! :D

Now I'll get back to watching re runs of Hogans Heroes

Des

·
Registered
1,207 Posts
Another possibility :)

Funny, but I actually did that one Sunday night driving back to college with some friends from a weekend home. We were in a 57 I had at the time and a cable came off, so we took off some shoe strings and wiped like that for about 60 miles. That has been 30 years ago. I have told that story several times over the years........funny the things that make good memories.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Leave it to "Pops"

Leave it to "Pops" to make a manual multi speed wiper that you can use with the windows down, only in Florida!!
Way too go "Pops":sign0020:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Motor or motor/transmission assembly?
I was told the motor would work but the guy didn't know how to install it. My project that I just got has a non working vaccum motor and am looking for a cheap way to go electric as I'm a disabled veteran with very limited funds. So if any one as any ideas I'm open for sugestions.:)

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
I don't know about if it will work on a tri-five but I used a bug wiper assembly don't remember from what year, on my A sedan streetrod quite a few years ago...worked fine had to do some modification to the armature assembly and some other simple things to get them to work.

It was a heck of lot less expensive than buying a new "custom" assembly I may be had $50 dollars in parts and pieces including arms and blades

1 - 12 of 12 Posts