Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
hello guys, does anyone have a good idea how i can install a pair of 6x9 speakers on the rear cargo area of my wagon? was thinking of buying the boxes they sell in the autoparts but i want to keep the speakers level with the top of the rear seat, not on the floor for better sound, any ideas? or someone that has done it already and have some pictures? thanks

·
Registered
5,966 Posts
Not sure if the regular wagon is like my Delivery. But, I have two big square cutout panels (about 6"x12") on both sides at about where the seat would be. I plan on taking the panels off, making interior panels with speakers to fit over those spaces.

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
Not sure if the regular wagon is like my Delivery. But, I have two big square cutout panels (about 6"x12") on both sides at about where the seat would be. I plan on taking the panels off, making interior panels with speakers to fit over those spaces.
Did exactly this to my windowed Delivery and 150 Handyman many years ago.

Just removed the two access plates in the sides of the interior sheet metal. Intalled the 6x9s in the interior upholstery piece and set in to place.

·
Registered
3,085 Posts
A guy here has a custom early 50's Chevy sedan delivery and he mounted rear speakers(6x9?) facing forward in his back door panel. I don't know if a wagons tail gate is deep enough or if it would even work, but it is an idea.

·
RIP: 10-27-2018
3,279 Posts
our 97 Jeep cherokee has a panel that runs across the back roof , just in front of the lift gate. (slightly sloped, facing forward) with two speakers in it. I assume its stock so you might look at a local jeep and maybe copy that idea. It works good. I intend to do the same thing with the 55
Gary

·
Registered
2,868 Posts
.............. I don't know if a wagons tail gate is deep enough or if it would even work, but it is an idea.
A Nomad lower gate is. I know a guy who did this to his '55 Nomad. So a regular Wagon lower gate has to be similar in side.

·
Registered
651 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
A Nomad lower gate is. I know a guy who did this to his '55 Nomad. So a regular Wagon lower gate has to be similar in side.
yep there is space to do it but it works better on a delivery because the tailgate swings up, and the wagon splits in two the bottom door goes down and i sit there when going to the beach and at shows so i wouldnt want to sit on one of the speakers lol :eek: looking for a idea on how to put them around the back of the seat on the top.

·
Registered
4,784 Posts
I've been pondering that same question. A PO has holes cut in just about every side panel of my car. Front doors, below the back side windows, the tailgate...
They have all been covered over with newer interior panels, but I did cut the ones out below the rear side windows and installed a pair of 6X9s there.
Need more up higher, like you mention. I don't want to lose any cargo space and I don't want boxes on the floor.
Don't leave many alternatives.
I'll have to check out the Jeep idea though.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts