Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi!
Just bought a 4 door 56 wagon and need advice on where to put the speakers in the rear of the car. I'm putting them in the doors in the front due to not wanting to remove the vents from the kick panels. I'm not finding a lot of posts where people talk about how they did the rear speakers. Would the doors be fine in the back too?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
If you have a stock rear seat in your wagon "Custom Autosound" makes some low profile under seat speakers that will work for you. I have them in my Nomad which has the same back seat of any Tri-Five wagon. They are sold by many vendors. Here is a link: Custom Audio

Instead of cutting up your doors, have you considered a front 6X9 Dual Voice Coil stereo speaker that will fit in the stock front speaker location? I also have one of these in my Nomad and it works well. Here is a link about the front stereo speaker and its mounting. 56 BelAir Rear Speaker Location

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
If you have a stock rear seat in your wagon "Custom Autosound" makes some low profile under seat speakers that will work for you. I have them in my Nomad which has the same back seat of any Tri-Five wagon. They are sold by many vendors. Here is a link: Custom Audio

Instead of cutting up your doors, have you considered a front 6X9 Dual Voice Coil stereo speaker that will fit in the stock front speaker location? I also have one of these in my Nomad and it works well. Here is a link about the front stereo speaker and its mounting. 56 BelAir Rear Speaker Location
Thanks for adding this! I decided not to do the doors and try to squeeze them in my kickpanels.

Do you find that it is super loud or the sound quality isn't great if you only have them on the passenger side?

As for the under the seat in the back, does it not sound muffled?

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
Thanks for adding this! I decided not to do the doors and try to squeeze them in my kickpanels.

Do you find that it is super loud or the sound quality isn't great if you only have them on the passenger side?

As for the under the seat in the back, does it not sound muffled?
They sound fine to me, not muffled. Obviously we are not talking "audiophile" quality sound, but they are fine for cruising. The single stereo speaker has no noticeably right/ left separation, so the stereo sound is achieved by adjusting the front to back balance. No the front speaker is not super loud.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts