Chevy Tri Five Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Still waiting for our regional district to amend a bylaw so I can build a shop with hoist . I wont miss this hoist I am using now

Ken

·
Registered
1,168 Posts
reminds me of my first lift {the curb on the corner} if you rode up it on pass side i could change the starter in my nova easer;):D

·
Registered
4,141 Posts
That is one fine looking car:D:tu I don't know why you'll miss that lift:rolleyes:

·
Registered
91 Posts
Fantastic car! I have thought a hoist would be the greatest thing forever. That was one of the reasons I went with 12 foot side walls in my shop. One of these years I will just bite the bullet and order one. Good luck with the city.

·
Registered
65,636 Posts
beautiful 55 ken :tu. what kind of lift? let us know how that goes :cool:.................stay safe ;):tu

·
Registered
740 Posts
Ken, I have to agree with the others. Great car:tu:tu:tu....but your "lift" has to go. Don't you just love the regulations that restrict what we can do on our own property?:mad::mad::mad:

·
Registered
1,607 Posts
Ya might look into the variance thing, my town is really against building a separate garage from the house because they think people are going to run a business out of it and have cliental coming and going. You might be able to plead your case as it would only be used for personal use, with now home business.... although I think you could still help your buddies out... I would if I had one.

Just a thought
Gil

·
Registered
608 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Oh believe me this is way past the variance stage . It has been a year long battle , so far. It started with a variance that was denied . The bylaw states you must have more than 6000 sq ft of land in order to have more than one outbuilding [which includes even a garden shed] . Well the kicker is I have 5,850 sq ft of land. So they say oh no rules are rules .
So after a year of bitchen and moaning to various departments, they are close to amending the bylaw which will allow my application to go through.

I am supposed to find out at the end of june but I was supposed to find out in feb then march etc.If I get permission we will start on a 28 x 38 three bay shop with all the goodies [eventually]. The hoist will be part of the original budget.

Your right though very frustrating on land that you supposedly own

Thanks guys Ken

·
Registered
4,368 Posts
Sorry to hear that your having to go through all this still Ken, i was sure you were well on your way putting your shop up by now, all though i am also well aware of all you have been going through trying to get this shop built. Hopefully it will move full steam ahead so you can give your 55 some new sleeping quarters:cool::D:tu Best of luck my friend and hang in there:tu

1 - 14 of 14 Posts