Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Waiting and waiting for my 55 stw to finally arrive to it's new home. I handed the car to my shipper in August and after a few misshaps and such (doesn't that always happen?) they sent me a mail and said all was ready for pickup. I got in contact with a towtrucker and he has promised to have it at my shop in the end of this week. Now, in time for christmas, just waiting and waitin, like a kid...:happy0030:

Attachments

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Very cool ! How many miles did you put on it while you were in the States ?
The only working gauge was the temp meter... but we drove from San Fran through Yosemite to Bonneville and back to LA through Vegas so it was a decent haul. I remember the 116 degree Vegas weather now when it's below zero (celsius = freezing) outside.

68,758 Posts
i know you won't be getting alot of sleep til its in your hands k2. but can't beat that xmas gift. :santaclaus:

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
K2, whether it's zero or not, I'm sure you'll have to take it for a spin. Good luck and Merry Christmas from North Carolina, it's 14 degrees F. here. Charles :bowtier:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thank's Charles. I have to take it for a spin, slicks on snow will be a first...

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Yeah, like Santa's sleigh ride. The forecast says 5 inches of snow tomorrow but I'm not worried, I still got salt under the fenders... Haha
:sign0020:

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
CONGRATS LOOKS LIKE FUN:tu So what are your plans?
Thank's. I need to take it easy with this one , just take it through inspection and the have fun with it. No major overhauls are planned just stick with what's under the hood for now, wife's car is still on the jackstands and I promised her to have it ready for last summer. By the way, her christmas gifts are in the wagon, a set of new rear tires, she will be happy I hope. Her's a Mercury Marauder 63 1/2 vert with a 390 and automatic.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
The hauler called me last nite and said he was on his way with the wagon, on one of the worst nites so far with heavy snowing storm winds making the roads slippery and dangerous, but he said he had a tow truck so not to be worried. My daughter made me company to the shop and she loved the car, cool she cried. Now I need to get her involved in my interest.:bowtieb:

Attachments

·
Registered
12,123 Posts
Living in Australia I can sympathise with your situation. It really is like will Christmas ever get here as a child. Fingers crossed and good luck.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts