Chevy Tri Five Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am converting my 57 150 to a fuelie but need the fuelie system of course. Currently running a dual quad setup with Batwing air filter, show quality parts will sell to lower price or sell outright.

·
Trifive Automotive Electrical Wiring Expert
27,021 Posts
I am converting my 57 150 to a fuelie but need the fuelie system of course. Currently running a dual quad setup with Batwing air filter, show quality parts will sell to lower price or sell outright.
Contact John McGregor at 724-832-3786. He rebuilds and sells Rochester fuel injection units. A friend just bought $800 worth of parts from him to rebuild his 57 Corvette unit.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks, will do

·
Registered
24 Posts
Did you recently purchase that nice black utility sedan? What are you asking for your dual quads and batwing air cleaner?

·
Administrator
66,105 Posts
I just saw a distributor advertised from a fuellie 1957 chevy car starting at $3500, on Ebay, distributor only.

·
Registered
8,251 Posts
I just saw a distributor advertised from a fuellie 1957 chevy car starting at $3500, on Ebay, distributor only.
That's unbelieveable. I could hardly wait to pay that price. I'd have to have a ton of money and want that really bad. Since I have neither, oh well.

·
Registered
6,324 Posts
Cheap!

Wait til one buys the inj, air cleaner, and the rest of the "correct stuff"....

·
Registered
3,493 Posts
10 grand sounds about right for that Corvette Fuelie unit. My brother in law bought one incomplete at Hersey around 15-20 years ago and flipped it for around $3500 when he got home.

Buyer beware!!!!!! DO YOUR HOMEWORK! There are many fake early Chevy Fuelie units out there. Someone was having them repro-ed out of China years ago. Know what your looking at or you could be in for the surprise of your life. Jack Podell has been restoring and reselling these for years. I met him at Carlisle a few years ago. He is a really nice guy. We had a discussion on the problem of Hydro-locking motors with the Rochester fuel injection units and what can be done to protect your motor.

Just read the e-bay ad, that's John Crane of Crane Corvettes. He's been around a long time, I've looked at a few of his Hard tops for my 1960 Corvette. He's usually cheaper for a good useable top than what they get for a restoration of my top. So if that is any judge than I say his price is about right.

Don

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
What really kills me is when I was a kid growing up working in my uncle gas station/repair shop everyone hated those things so much they took them off and replaced them with aluminum manifolds and Holley four barrels. There was one that used to be used as a door prop to hold the bog barn door open at the back of the shop. It got tossed at some point. Being the scavenger I was I snatched the air cleaner because I thought it looked cool and had it sitting on top of my dresser and used to throw loose change in it. I later sold that air cleaner many years later for $750 at one point I can remember at least 3 maybe 4 of those fuelie units sitting a plywood shelf in the store room. I would be willing to bet they all went to the scrap man for beer money.

·
Stainless Trim Restoration
10,151 Posts
What really kills me is when I was a kid growing up working in my uncle gas station/repair shop everyone hated those things so much they took them off and replaced them with aluminum manifolds and Holley four barrels. There was one that used to be used as a door prop to hold the bog barn door open at the back of the shop. It got tossed at some point. Being the scavenger I was I snatched the air cleaner because I thought it looked cool and had it sitting on top of my dresser and used to throw loose change in it. I later sold that air cleaner many years later for $750 at one point I can remember at least 3 maybe 4 of those fuelie units sitting a plywood shelf in the store room. I would be willing to bet they all went to the scrap man for beer money.
Exactly why those remaining parts are so pricey. The hardest distrib to find is the one without the vac advance. Every one wants the one that was used on the high horse unit/stick shift units. Only so many of those were made.

Mikey
55wagoncrazy

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.